NEW DIAMOND PYTHON PAIR from expo

Aussie Pythons & Snakes Forum

Help Support Aussie Pythons & Snakes Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Status
Not open for further replies.

fabregasreptiles

Reaction score
hey guys,

just want to show you my latest addition. i got this 2 year old pair of high yellow diamond pythons from doilittle farm (steve) at the homebush expo (which i thought was great). They did cost alot but they are stunning in my eyes. i got to hold them to see how they were and they were amazingly placid. and they are very curious. they are in a 1 metre high by 60 by 60 cm glass enclosure. They live together and have been doing very well together since babies. Great handlers aswell.

the female has stripes on the side of her bodies while the male doesn't. Funny that 20 mins after i got them, someone else wanted to get them off dolittle. luckily i got them though. They were chosen for high canary yellow colour and evenly spread rosettes and were holdbacks due to their beauty. but overall, i am very happy with them and i will be looking into breeding them in a couple of years as they are now 2.

one question, do i need uv light, i was told that i can just take them out into the sun for like 1 hour a week as this is best for them. and also he said its ok if i put them in a room with sunlight but the temps must stay below 31 degrees. is this all right???

here are some photos of them. will try get some in the sunlight as they really go very high coloured.

Attachments

• IMG_1751.jpg
    IMG_1751.jpg
    89.7 KB · Views: 364
  • IMG_1746.jpg
    IMG_1746.jpg
    61.8 KB · Views: 347
  • IMG_1744.jpg
    IMG_1744.jpg
    94 KB · Views: 382
  • IMG_1711.jpg
    IMG_1711.jpg
    112 KB · Views: 372
  • IMG_1758.jpg
    IMG_1758.jpg
    125.6 KB · Views: 265
nice lookin pair dunno how much they cost so cant tell you if they were worth the money i wouldnt have paid any more than $600 for both give or take $50 as for uv the natural sunlight for an hour a week is perfect even more if you have the time, diamonds are a great companion ime yet to come across a nasty one

well. he was selling each 2 year old by themselves for $650. but these were pretty special. also, kel was selling his yearling for $900. i got each one for $650. wow mrkos, $600 for both, that would be pretty cheap wouldn't it??? but these are very high yellow imo so i am really happy with what i paid and what i got.

that was a quick change, in your other diamond thread at 12.15pm today you had no intension of getting a diamond let alone 2..lol.. i take it someone told you to get them... i would have got something you liked...

i didn't say i had no intentions of getting diamonds. i just said i wanted to know peoples thoughts on what they wnated in a diamond. better go back and read again.

well i guess its your opinion but i really think these are spectacular diamonds (answered my own question lol.) andi think i got what i paid for

Mate, you do come across bit strange. In another thread earlier today you said:

"oh ok. nah. just wondering. not looking for a diamond. i just wanted to know what people look for in a diamond."

Now you tell us you have actually bought a couple and again you ask the public to evaluate your snakes and your deal. What are you getting out of all this? Strange indeed.

yeah. i wasn't looking for another diamond. i already had 2. i dind't buy these today lol. i got them last week. i just wanted to know peoples thought on diamonds. so i wasn't actually LOOKING for a diamond as i already had got 2

thanks waterrat, saved me going back to quote him... i think he's looking for a 'wow your great' type of 'ego stroke'..

i dont think its really cheap at all its a fairly standard price the way things are at the moment, the fact that they are two years old and come from quality bloodlines by a well know breeder probly could bump the price up to mayb $450 each but there is a lot of quality diamond hatchies out there at the moment going for around $250 to $300 and thats in qld. The end of the day they are a beautiful pair of diamonds and if your happy thats the main thing. If you intend to keep them together i would be getting a much larger enclosure built sooner rather than later

Well when this one gets snappy make sure you give em to me okay?

yeah. i wasn't looking for another diamond. i already had 2. i dind't buy these today lol. i got them last week. i just wanted to know peoples thought on diamonds. so i wasn't actually LOOKING for a diamond as i already had got 2

ahh i get it now.. he just wanted the ppl that liked diamonds to answer before he told anyone he had them.. so he only get the responses he wants to hear...

i still dont understand why you sold that other snappy snake, it would have calmed down with regular handling.
start with a hook then eventually just free handle it.

nice diamonds..

Quality is remembered long after price and whats an extra $50 or $100 for the parents over 2-3 clutches you will sell them a lot quicker and even if you get the same money you will get the sales quicker and move on....great colours cheers solar 17 [Baden]

I think they are good looking Diamonds...

I saw these animals at the Expo and still think they were overpriced. I would have called $400 each a good price, maybe $450 each if they discounted down for a pair.

In saying that, if you are happy with the purchase and feel you got value for money then what does it really matter? I also agree with Solar in saying that if you breed them that money will be made back in one extra hatchling sale...

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back