New Diamond Python

Aussie Pythons & Snakes Forum

Help Support Aussie Pythons & Snakes Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Status
Not open for further replies.

Tye101

Reaction score
Hi I just got a 1 and a half year old female diamond python. I was wondering if they need heat lamps and UVB lights in the summer? I'm in NSW

Depends entirely on what your enclosure temps are...
I wouldn't worry about a UVB either, even for a Diamond.
Especially if you take her out for a stretch every so often.

You need to tell us what your setup is, i.e. size enclosure, where the basking spot is etc.
I like to use a 40w lamp set on a timer to come on for about 6hrs a day in summer, BUT, it is connected to a thermostat set to 30c. When temps in my room get hot it obviously doesn't come on. I also use just a low wattage compact flouro attached to a timer to give a day/night cycle.
Also my thermostat probe is placed next to the basking spot just out of the direct heat of the lamp because that's the only part of the enclosure I want heated.
As said previously highly variable depending on your setup. Put up some pics and more info and we`ll be able to help you some more with more detail.
You`ll love the diamond, great snakes and in my opinion not any harder to look after, they just have different needs.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back