New Enclousure - Heating??

Aussie Pythons & Snakes Forum

Help Support Aussie Pythons & Snakes Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Status
Not open for further replies.

Dragon-Drew

Reaction score
Hi to all.

I have just started to make a new enclousure for my two Jacky Dragons. It is 120cm long, 45cm wide & 60cm high.

My question is what sort of heating should I put in? ( I live on the outskirts of Melbourne and It gets cold at night)

I have seen in some cages more than one heat lamp, what is the idea behind that?

Some people say that you need heat mats or heat cord.

I am just not sure which way to go so any help would be great.

P.S.
Current set up is just a 3ft fish tank with a UV light, and a 75w Globe conected to a thermostat both on a timer.

Im not up to date with uv and jacky dragons but id imagine its required so be sure to include that in there first. then id say a Ozbright globe at one end, make sure its not on a thermostat though.

hmm i wouldn't use an ozbright with jackies IMO especially in that size enclosure. If it were me, I wouldn't worry about night heating unless ur house drops below 15C a lot but again JMO. My enclosures have a basking light which is not on a thermostat and then three blue lights wired up to a thermostat. These just offer supplimental heating to the enclosure if it drops below a certain temperature. If I were you, I would set up a basking light with say a 60watt globe and then about 2 blue lights behind it as "just in case" heating. All of this is just my opinion and I haven't kept jackies myself so just wait till someone who has replies. Also make sure you've got a UV light of course. Good luck, Sim

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back