New GTPs

Aussie Pythons & Snakes Forum

Help Support Aussie Pythons & Snakes Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Status
Not open for further replies.

Jason

Very Well-Known Member
Reaction score
Just got back from the airport from collecting my new pair of greens.
The Dam is a pure Sorong and the Sire is a pure Aussie.
Pictures from the breeder:

Attachments

• Dam (Sorong).JPG
    Dam (Sorong).JPG
    187.9 KB · Views: 186
  • Sire (Aussie).JPG
    Sire (Aussie).JPG
    133.8 KB · Views: 159
  • female.JPG
    female.JPG
    142.7 KB · Views: 165
  • male.JPG
    male.JPG
    116.6 KB · Views: 163
Absolute stunners Jason, congratz!

How old are they?

Here are a couple of pictures that i took with my phone when i picked them up. Ill try and get some more pictures once they settle in.
They are approx. 12 months old, the male is roughly 160 grams, and the female is roughly 200g.

Attachments

• Lilly.jpg
    Lilly.jpg
    63.7 KB · Views: 159
  • Duke.jpg
    Duke.jpg
    83.9 KB · Views: 166
I have always wanted both Aussies and Sorongs, hence this is the perfect pair of greens for me. I'm Hopeful that the best traits of both types will come out in these guys.

Here are a couple of pictures that i took with my phone when i picked them up. Ill try and get some more pictures once they settle in.
They are approx. 12 months old, the male is roughly 160 grams, and the female is roughly 200g.

oh wow. They are amazing mate :)

Jason,
please don't take personally, I know you're happy to have your new GTPs and I am happy for you.

For the life of me, I will never understand why would somebody cross such two distinctive lines, especially if they both look pure. To me, it's devaluation of Sorongs and devaluation of Aussie natives in one hit. The progeny has got no hope of developing into any sort of designer morph to speak of and from what I can see, both typical traits to each line (blue triangles and white line) will be greatly reduced when they reach adulthood. The breeder use two top lines and achieved what??? A clutch of ordinary, non-descript green pythons just those hundreds of others floating in Australian collections.
Flame me as much as you like, I have my principles and standards as well as every right to express my opinion.

cheers
Michael

Jason,
please don't take personally, I know you're happy to have your new GTPs and I am happy for you.

For the life of me, I will never understand why would somebody cross such two distinctive lines, especially if they both look pure. To me, it's devaluation of Sorongs and devaluation of Aussie natives in one hit. The progeny has got no hope of developing into any sort of designer morph to speak of and from what I can see, both typical traits to each line (blue triangles and white line) will be greatly reduced when they reach adulthood. The breeder use two top lines and achieved what??? A clutch of ordinary, non-descript green pythons just those hundreds of others floating in Australian collections.
Flame me as much as you like, I have my principles and standards as well as every right to express my opinion.

cheers
Michael

No flaming from me, I understand some people dont like certain animals, pairings, crossing etc. I myself think very little of A LOT of animals people seem to like. To be honest i understand exactly where you are coming from. If i could have had exactly what i wanted, i would have purchased a pair of pure Aussies AND a pair of pure Sorongs. However, sexed yearling pairs of either were/are not available at a price I am currently willing to pay. I am hopeful that these guys will have some white dorsal markings and blue triangles (which are already present) and to be honest, i almost think the mother (pure Sorongs in general) often have to much blue (I know, its sounds crazy). In contrast, i also think pure Aussies can also look very ordinary, after all they are green with whit/ish dorsal and offer little to no variation. Never the less, i will one day hopefully own each type but for now i will learn the art of the GTP with these guys. cheers

hi this question might be thought of as a newbie question but just wondering what the actual difference is bettween a pure aussie and a sorong??? i have thought a gtp is a gtp lol sorry just curious?

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back