New Jungle Enclosure

Aussie Pythons & Snakes Forum

Help Support Aussie Pythons & Snakes Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Status
Not open for further replies.
People who say having a tub with butcher paper is just as good as any other enclosure are clearly full of it. This proves it.

Absolutely amazing looking setup,it just shows how much you care for your animals going to that much effort and expense,they'll be the happiest jungles in the country,well done dude really really impressed!

Firstly thanks very much for the kind comments everyone :)
All up i'd say it cost me about $3500....but hey like i said i believe it will save me expense in the future;
as i wont have to re-spray etc as i have to with the gal-tank type enclosures....with four litres of killrust setting one back about $80 odd dollars a tin these days; not to mention all the time to prep etc.
Another bonus is; it's quite secure....you'd really have to put an axe through it; and even then it would take some time to get anywhere....strong as.
Being that i'm lucky enough to live in tropic's; they should do quite well in the yard.....be nice to go out with a bucket with some rodents; sit; feed and watch. I'll probably keep a few of girls in there; and introduce the male in the season.
It's always enjoyable to design new enclosures; work through the problems; to finally end up achieving a result that should suit the animals needs........at the end of the day; so long as the animals are content and doing well; it's all well worth it ;)

Oh Tojo....i now have the camera back....so will get some pic's sent your way;
Thanks for your extreme patience mate :)

Excellent work Tremain. I have seriously thought of setting some of mine up outside but I'm not sure I could compete with that :)

very nice,cant wait to see the mangrove set up,your grand kids grand kids will hopefully get some use out of them enclosures down the track,lol,as always im impressed with your set ups,now have to keep my eyes open for some of those plastic water tanks on the cheap,lol

Mischief???....me Fay?....Noooo :lol:
Come on Boa, easy as....the Polly is great to work with;
really easy to cut, shape, etc.....the best material i've ever worked with.

Hi Richard....
The problem is most of the mobs that deal in the Polly tanks; wont sell seconds....
bummer; something to do with the name and dodgy product or something.
If you shop around; you can however get some good deals.
Just thought i'd post a picture of these style of enclosures....which are really cheap to build.
They are suitable for small monitors, blue tongues, bearded's turtles etc etc
This one is gal; but you can pick up the Polly cattle troughs for around $200 now.
If your handy with a welder; you can add another $50 for steel, hardware etc for the top.
Add some potted plants, rocks, logs etc....there you have it.
That works out to about $1500 for five small out-door pit style enclosures;
which is really quite cheap for enclosures that'll last; and can be used for various species.
Best part is; if your renting and have to move; simply empty and put on the ute.
I'm looking at putting together a few more this coming season; for extra holding cages.

Attachments

• Picture 825.jpg
    Picture 825.jpg
    243.5 KB · Views: 144
  • Picture 827.jpg
    Picture 827.jpg
    255.4 KB · Views: 151
Great looking enclosure! Do you think there would be a market for premade outdoor enclosures made from Poly tanks? I work at a manufacturer and we do sell seconds - though we don't produce a great number of them.

Looks great mate, I have seen actual zoo's that could learn a thing or two from your setups... Great work.

Hsuts77.....now your the man i want to talk to :)
Providing you got the tanks for the right price;
i think you could very well sell them made up as an enclosure.
What esle is there?...those gal averies?....which can also be quite expensive.
They would be just as suitable for keeping birds in etc.
They can be made to personal spec's...size of viewing area etc
The beauty is easy cleaning; and that they are sealed....not even a gecko can get in.
Up this way; the seconds are cut up; and sent back to the manufacturers to be re-melted.
Arrr Caustic....you live in NQ; so yes some of the zoo displays can be quite average.
They would make suitable as off limit enclosures however....i have provided a zoo with a few.

WOW Tremain, abolutely fantastic!!!!

Cheers
Dave

Hsuts77 I think you might be onto something.
After seeing the look of these magnificent enclosures I will say that there would definately be a market for them.I would say there would be alot of people out there sick of gal avaries.I know from looking at them I am still trying to find one.With this type I like the idea of easy cleaning and they look better.
Mainly though there are people around who don't have time to make or modify enclosures(like myself) and would happily part with money for a quality job.If anyone knows people who makes these type of encloures for sale please feel free to pm me.Thankyou and they are magnificent enclosures.To say I am impressed is a understatement

Well so far I have found 2 places that sell seconds and they still hold water which is a bonus. I only asked about the 5000 litre ones, I reckon you could keep an elephant in a 40,000 litre tank Tremain :)

Wow Tree, that is one stunning enclosure... Will b great for my new rock python..... Do post some pic's of the jungles once u introduce them into the enclosure...... cheers

Chetan......

Looks fantastic Tremain,
I think every herp in the country could appreciate the effort and the end result.
You will have to post some pics of the jungles in their enclosure,
very impressive, can't wait to see the Indicus tank.
Cheers
Adam.

thanks for the heads up indicus,those smaller ones look quite good to,im in the process of setting up my yard,2 acres,lol,so they would be great for rearing juvies,breeding prs ect,u the man

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back