New Mite Buster??

Aussie Pythons & Snakes Forum

Help Support Aussie Pythons & Snakes Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Status
Not open for further replies.
I've had to use Permoxin twice in the past 8 years, mixed up a brew in a 80 ltr bin and all my snakes had a swim and a touch of (scuba) diving. Didn't dry them off, just back in the cage...
The hatchling diamonds, jungles and maccies were heavily sprayed.
All snakes were treated the same 3 times 10 days apart.
Permoxin is GREAT stuff, and again suggested to me by Clayton..........

I have indeed had mites, many years ago in Sydney and I also trusted some bodys word that their reptiles were clean in Queensland and yet again recieved mites there. I only have my self to blame though, as I broke the golden quarantine rule. Never again will that rule be broken. In my case it was twice bitten, twice shy.

So what do people hink about the other option,you know the reason for this thread not another shyte fight?

Same ingredient as the old orange medic sounds good to me and always handy to have something to get rid of mites i bet most long term keepers have had them and i've heard some can never get rid of them completely but it does sound cheaper and a bit safer moreso than permoxin???

Any more comment or thoughts guys?Still should treat any herp coming into your house as though it has mites as well as herp friends etc that visit,i did resort to TOD'ing people for a while lol cause mites suck and get me paranoid plus,it's also een bloody hot lately and a few of my animals were soaking ,arghhhhh MITE,MITE,MITES KILL KILL KILL

Swampie and Chameleon, calm down guys, let's not be so touchy eh? A good thread like this does NOT need to be turned into a slanging match. Read the rules of the site again guys and work out for yourselves if it's worth risking it!
Play nicely children.

It sounds good, I'll definately check it out if I ever have the need, but I've only been keeping for a few years and haven't had them yet (knock on wood :) ). I like TOD because it quick and simple, I give the tanks and furniture a quick spray after cleaning with reptiscience anitbac stuff and thats enough for me, I'm not too paranoid yet but I'm sure I will be if I ever do get an infestation! :(
I don't know why so many arguments start here, everyone has different opinions and different cleaning routines, etc. You don't have to have mites to treat for them, some people just like to be extra sure, personally I only felt sympathy when I read about chameleon's whole clutch that died, it sounds like he was just trying to keep them as healthy and mite free as possible, very sorry to hear mate. :(

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back