thinking of getting a show animal

Aussie Pythons & Snakes Forum

Help Support Aussie Pythons & Snakes Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Status
Not open for further replies.

Pythons Rule

Very Well-Known Member
Reaction score
well I am moving soon and in my new place I plan on have a room for all my pythons, eggs etc and am thinking of getting a amazingly gorgous python for my lounge room, not to breed just to enjoy and watch. not fussed on if it will be taim or easy to handle as I dont handle my animals and I think there stunning and need to be left to do there own thing in there enclosure. out of my collection I have at the moment I would only trust 1 of them to be taken out to show him to my friends if they where comfortable to be in the same room that is. he's a big puppy. anyway I have been thinking about getting ether a roughy or a green tree python or a albino olive or a pair of night tigers or a B&W jungle. is anyone able to tell me how much i'm looking at and which ones would suit sydney? and rough pricing please. oh and would I need to apply for a different licence then basics to own night tigers?

thank you

My black & white jungle yearling was $400. Snakeranch are selling adult RSPs for $750. Sorry I can't help with other questions.

My black & white jungle yearling was $400. Snakeranch are selling adult RSPs for $750. Sorry I can't help with other questions.

oh thats ok I always thought the B&W Jungles where much much more expensive hmm well there ya go :)
price isn't really a mater with me just keeping my options open.

^seconded. Everyone buy more of these, and maybe breed them so that eventually I can afford one maybe:D

Personally I think if you're going to get a larger python like an Olive, you should handle it fairly consistently, if only so that when it's humongous and you need to get it out of the enclosure for whatever reason, it's used to being handled and doesn't try to kill you.

Get a stunning Albino Darwin and keep it in a black Melamine enclosure....colours will be awesome. Got get a stunning Albino though...

You'll need a class 2 license for some of those too...

thats cool if I need class 2 then I'll get it lol, yeah I dont know maybe greentree or albino just cause they stand out and if I spend a fortune on them I can justify spending a fortune on a stunning desplay enclosure ;) oh and the hubby doesn't know about it lol I figure if I buy him a 7 foot fishtank with cubords and hood and fill it with discus he wont ask too many questions on how much mine cost ;)

- - - Updated - - -

Nice axanthic BHP ?

if I took that option I'd take a pair lol

Pretty crazy jungle jags kickin round these days. Would be a great display animal if you like that.

I would personally get a GTP. Not only a crazy sexy snake, but a rainforest themed enclosure is the cherry on top for me!

I think a GTP in a display enclosure is hard to beat,few plastic plants and natural branches look good, keeps the humans visually excited and the snakes in work

as fay said get a nice albino darwin and keep it in a black enclosure.

hmm if the axanthics are just another mutation then I'd love to get a male one day I have already got 2 adult females and 1 male nt bhp but bmy male found it abit hard to make both girls happy this season ;) first year for him and he got 2 proven wild girls lol another male might even the load lol

hmm if the axanthics are just another mutation then I'd love to get a male one day I have already got 2 adult females and 1 male nt bhp but bmy male found it abit hard to make both girls happy this season ;) first year for him and he got 2 proven wild girls lol another male might even the load lol

Yes, yes you should do that, then I'll take a hatchie. :)

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back