NEW mountain heath dragons

Aussie Pythons & Snakes Forum

Help Support Aussie Pythons & Snakes Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Status
Not open for further replies.

Kirby

Very Well-Known Member
Reaction score
hey everyone.

i just ran out and bought 4 mountain heath dragons. the only other ones ive seen in captive collections and wild herping photography have been reasonably grey and black. im happy to say that mine seem to be showing a whole lot of colour!! :D

they are the cutest little dragons, they are late adolescents if not adult size. apparently i could expect a late clutch for the season, fingers crossed but i doubt it. there eggs are the size of Tic-Tacs :eek: they are expected to be 1 m and 3 f. one is questionable tho. so it could be two pairs. i beleive there unrelated as he has quite alot of them. hundreds of lizards and other reps.. the best herp house ive seen :D

when you hold them upright they relax there legs, like the Ig's that sit in armchairs. rofl. dont worry, i didnt flip them into a death feign.

IMGP1214.jpg

IMGP1215.jpg

IMGP1220.jpg

IMGP1221.jpg

IMGP1223.jpg

IMGP1228.jpg

they have fluro pink/purple mouths and a bright fluro orange tongue. the pic doesnt capture it. but its awsome.
IMGP1233.jpg

they are lighting fast, and little characters. very happy with my purchase. they will be living an outdoor viv very shortly.

next on the list is netteds, which are on there way. high colour Barbata is in the course of making plans. and down the list are painteds, hosmer, gidgee, land muller, king skink etc. if you keep and breed any small dragon/skinks. swing me a Pm. ;)

Nice looking dragons man, How much they set you back?

set me back $50 ea. which is usually the price for hatchlings.

wicked the markings on the smallest one are hot. do you keep them any differently to beardies? what is your setup like?

wicked the markings on the smallest one are hot. do you keep them any differently to beardies? what is your setup like?

apparently they over heat.

they originate from around the blue montains.

so i would offer a basking spot of 40c, and allow the rest of the enclosure to cool down to 20C. love the space, they are good runners, love climbing, branches etc. apparently they do well in large groups.

The firrst pic looks more like Yoda x Heath Dragon:)
Lol, fantastic pictures!!
Im loving the red coming through on the backs!! Good little captives they may prove to be.
Ben.

they are awesome!!!!!

i love that first pic.. i LOL'd when i saw it hahahha..

nice looking dragons, i use to have 3 of them and found them quite boring but thats just my opinion

boring? they are so full of energy and character. :D

one of them is actually pretty handlable. i could very much see them calming down from hatchies.

these would make AMAZING display pets, they are small, eat very little, need minimal care, and could imagin an amazing display enclosure. :D

gotta love mountain dragons. Looks like you have 1 boy two girls and the little one could go either way. Who breed them and are the from 4 different clutches (would wanna inbreed:lol::lol:)? Because they are all so different in size!

Nice buy Kirby... wanna sell 'em? :D

I've got 6 months from today ;)

i 'plan' (if they breed) to keep all if not most offspring. then get some more reds and cross. i beleive they are from a few different clutches lines as there was Alot of variation, and obvious colour difference.

the grey heavily lined and the small high red are males.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back