NEW mountain heath dragons

Aussie Pythons & Snakes Forum

Help Support Aussie Pythons & Snakes Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Status
Not open for further replies.
I keep most of my hatchies in a tub like this.

Attachments

• IMG_0434.JPG
    IMG_0434.JPG
    130.7 KB · Views: 179
I keep most of my hatchies in a tub like this.

mine is almost identicle. but i have a small 40 watt lamp (may take it off for summer) maybe use a low watt hologen thing. a repti-hamoch, a small exo terra den. and i will add more branches when i fix the mesh to the lid.

yea i mount a light on the side when cold but now that its hot i just use natural sun.

Australis, i didn't know before hand. what would you do?

Well... you should of asked, seriously Kirby.. i would put them in the same category as Phyllurus platurus
with re-gens "for sale in penriff"... its the kinda species you would question... i just found it funny that your not up
in arms like you were over someone selling off license skinks, and you wanted to report them to DECC.....:lol:

Well... you should of asked, seriously Kirby.. i would put them in the same category as Phyllurus platurus
with re-gens "for sale in penriff"... its the kinda species you would question... i just found it funny that your not up
in arms like you were over someone selling off license skinks, and you wanted to report them to DECC.....:lol:

ive been warned not to be up in arms.

i DID ask, and was obviously told different. just turns out it wasnt the truth.

Fair enough, definately nice looking at least, hopefully they do well
then you can tell us all how to keep them :D

on a more positive note;)

These dragons eat heaps and grow really fast. I reackon if you got a very early clutch. If you fed those babies of that clutch enough you would be able to breed them that season. I will be testing out that theory this season.

Where did you get these
they look like amazing little reptiles.

these things are joining my wishlist.

where do i get them though?

Where did you get these
they look like amazing little reptiles.

these things are joining my wishlist.

where do i get them though?

I bred them i should have some this comming season. Possibly in a few weeks if the ones i currently have in the incubator are good.

this is awsome! :D :D i have two young adults but theyre just plain grey, these colours are really impressive for this species!

i live in tassie so im allowed to collect up to six individuals from the wild, i had no idea theyre worth $50 each up there! nor did i have any idea that other ppl keep them :p

i have a male and female and they've been breeding over the last few weeks, im hoping for some eggs - if i put them outside in a pit

love the yoda-lizard :p great photos!!

There are a number of people who keep Mountain Heath dragons. There are quite a lot of them on license in NSW. I have 8 currently and will be breeding them this year also. They are very hardy little dragons and have very similar keeping requirements to Jacky dragons or even Nobbi dragons but prefer fractionally cooler temptretures.

They will eat just about anything they can catch that will fit in their mouths, including flies, crickets, woodies, freshly molted mealies, baby locusts and most other small inverts. They are great little dragons that do very well together in big groups. I have mine in one enclosure 1200 x 450 x 450 with a 100 watt MVB providing the hot spot at one end and an NEC T10 Flouro coupled with an Exa Terra 10 UVB Flouro at the other end. You do need to be mindful of males trying to dominate each other but like Jackies if you provide enough space for an aggressor to chase away a rival, they generally get along. Having said this sometimes you may have to move an individual that is being bullied so it does not fret or stop feeding.

Hope this helps everyone thinking of getting some of these animals in the future. Just remember they are not terribly long lived, 2-4 years being normal, although longer periods in captivity are not uncommon.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back