New snake injured himself and not eating

Aussie Pythons & Snakes Forum

Help Support Aussie Pythons & Snakes Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Status
Not open for further replies.

Homer.Stimson

Reaction score
I bought a 6yr old male stimson python on the 1st dec. He shed about 22nd dec. He ate 2 mice on the 3rd jan and thats it. He is offered mice at first every 3 days then slowed to once a week as I am running out of mice. He went under a fake rock on Australia day and has scraped scales off along his back about 5mm by 10cm. (you would think he would stop at 1 cm!!). He shed 3 days later, but not the skin at injury site, and he is still not eating. He has a heat mat at one end on full time and a heat lamp above set to come on at 26C and off at 31C measured from the middle of the box (width and height middle). Average temps are 25C cool end and 35C+ at hot end (ground level). I have tried a 6week old mouse as I thought he might not want to stretch over a full grown mouse. Should I leave the mouse overnight? Should I swap the heat lamp to a UV light? (this will make the box cooler). Please help!!

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back