New tank

Aussie Pythons & Snakes Forum

Help Support Aussie Pythons & Snakes Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Status
Not open for further replies.
Best of luck with getting it all setup, Im sure it'll look unreal once finished!
Can I ask what petshop is helping you out?

I keep marines, they aren't as expensive as everyone says. Not including the tank, it only cost me $500 roughly, to get a pair of pink skunk clowns, 4kg live rock, a very good power filter, several powerheads and a bucket of salt.

I used to be able to hand feed my lion fish,but was careful cleaning the tank lol.

Thats awesome. Mine will look at it from about 15-20cms away but waits till I drop it to attack. Although I probably wouldn't really want it to take it from my hand I have been stung by one once and I take big precautions to make sure it doesn't happen again haha.

I'd love to see pics of this diy chiller too.

I keep marines, they aren't as expensive as everyone says. Not including the tank, it only cost me $500 roughly, to get a pair of pink skunk clowns, 4kg live rock, a very good power filter, several powerheads and a bucket of salt.

With only 4kgs of live rock you must have a very small tank and for a 5 foot it will cost a lot more.

His name is Paul he is at Toormina.

Cool, Paul's a top bloke when it comes to this type of stuff...he helped me set up a marine tank and a large cichlid tank a few years back.

Thats awesome. Mine will look at it from about 15-20cms away but waits till I drop it to attack. Although I probably wouldn't really want it to take it from my hand I have been stung by one once and I take big precautions to make sure it doesn't happen again haha.

I'd love to see pics of this diy chiller too.

With only 4kgs of live rock you must have a very small tank and for a 5 foot it will cost a lot more.

No actually it is a large tank. i'm experimenting with various filtration methods, other than live rock, and being able to sustain a large tank. So far, everything is going pretty well, apart from a slight increase in ammonia from 0 to 0.5, but thats not that bad. Plus i'm keeping pretty hardy fish inside it. But I suppose if you were getting a "proper" tank, it would cost more.

Last edited:
Status
Not open for further replies.
Back