New to forum and baby python! :)

Aussie Pythons & Snakes Forum

Help Support Aussie Pythons & Snakes Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Status
Not open for further replies.
yes very addictive already want more she's so cute! and I don't understand what you mean about the rubber?

- - - Updated - - -

yes very addictive already want more she's so cute! and I don't understand what you mean about the rubber?

there is a type of foam you can buy from places like clark rubber or bunnings, it is sticky one side , thats covered in paper (like double sided tape) and is foam the other side and comes in all different thicknesses, you peel the paper off and stick it to your glass ( inbetween where the 2 pieces would over lap each other) and that seals the gap. it is the same stuff you would use on a house door if it wasnt closing tight and was letting a draft in. i'm not doing a good job at explaining it here anyone help???? oh and while i think of it newsnakelover make sure you have a lock on youe enclosure and get into the habit of locking it every time!!!!!! i am a big one for locks

easiest place for hatchies to escape enclosures is between glass sliding doors, best way to prevent it is to get some thin sticky back foam from clark rubber or a hardware store and stick it on one of the sliding doors so when it is shut it seals the gap between them. snakes need to be able to get out of the heat so if your click clack is inside your enclosure fair chance that the temp inside the click clack is the same everywhere inside it, it may be better to let it into the enclosure where it has a warm end and a cool end, my very first snake when i was a kid was a hatchie childrens python and i put her straight into a 3 foot enclosure and she did fine just make sure to provide plenty of hides at both ends and some branches for it to be able to get off the ground and poke around........welcome to the world of reptiles but i feel i have to warn you it is an addictive hobby

whats the stuff called?

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back