new to this Bearded dragons

Aussie Pythons & Snakes Forum

Help Support Aussie Pythons & Snakes Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Status
Not open for further replies.

feathergrass

Reaction score
Hi there for months I have been reading and researching Bearded dragons as I want to have some of my own.
I have just got a 4ft tank heat lights basking lights and all that set up and got my licence.
One thing i have found all over is different opinions on fruit and vege to feed them..
Some say no to peas carrots and beans some say yes feeding them mixed vege with peas corn carrot and beans is fine.
What is it yes or no to peas corn carrots and beans.
I am happy with feeding bok choy and coloured lettuce why is iceburg lettuce bad and can they have parsley..Idealy i want a nice mix of fresh food and crickets and woodies rather and premade food you can buy

Just wanting to give my Beardies I am to get the best i can

hey feathergrass.

i say no entirely to lettece as it can dehydrate them by giving them the runs and has no nutritional value at all.

here is a brilliant reference guide that i use when making a salad for yoda my beardie
Nutrition Content

its colour-coded so it makes it really easy to understand what they can and can't have, how much, how often, the nutritional value etc.

good luck

Awesome reply Rhi and DEFINTELY NO to lettuce.

Nice bubs btw Lambert :)

Only thing I could add feather is to ask the breeder what they have fed them. I feed my hatchies on the buk choy etc you have suggested but also on milk thistle leaves and dandelion leaves and flowers as well as a mix of fruit - best thing to do when starting is feed them what they are used to eating.

thanks Rhi and Morgan
Both have been a great help!
cant wait to start my Gourmet salads for Beardies :)
I figure i will find out what they are being fed by the breeder and maybe make a wee change if they dont like it at home and then just keep a record of what they do and dont like
cant wait!
thanks a bunch :)

I feed mine on chopped carrot, bok choy, snow peas & parsley.... & the usual crickets. Some days they don't eat very much, other days they eat a lot of it.

also Feather, don't stress if your new master (beardie) doesn't eat when you first get him/her home. there highly strung animals when it comes to relocation so giving a week or 2 to adjust to the new surroundings is a good idea BUT in saying this still offer food and you may be surprised...high strung but resilient as a child. kind of like when a human moves to a place they aren't familiar with and need to suss the place out!

@ morgan: thanks but thats just an internet pic...i'll try and get one of yoda and keiko...or did you check them out in the albums??

Last edited:
Apprently peas contain a chemical/compound that can limit calcium absorption

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back