New TV Cabinet to enclosure conversion

Aussie Pythons & Snakes Forum

Help Support Aussie Pythons & Snakes Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Status
Not open for further replies.

Saxon_Aus

Reaction score
Hi everyone I managed to pick up a nice cheap $70 TV cabinet to make another enclosure, my beloved first snake "squishy" is starting to get to a decent size and needs a bit more room to move.

I've previously done a TV cabinet to enclosure conversion for my jungle "snappy" - here's a pic of it.

053_zpscb8b50ba.jpg

so here's the cabinet, it has a nice set of glass doors at the top which I plan to keep (although they are magnetized shut they'll need a lock to prevent an adult bredli pushing through!)

054_zps9a51f048.jpg

First thing I did was smash apart the shelf that was in there, although I left a small section at the back as a ledge underneath where the heaters will be, also gave it a stain and varnish to cover up the pine-look

055_zpsdde9ab0c.jpg

Added the heater and basking light which are on the same circuit, I'll add a normal light later on. Heater and basking lamp run off a timer, while the light runs off a standard timer (usually half the day during the warmer weather so as not to overheat the enclosure)

057_zpse610a126.jpg

I've installed the tracks in the lower section to house the sliding glass doors which I'll get during the week from the local budget glass place.

and just a quick pick of snappy, even though she draws more blood from me than all my other snakes combined she's my favourite, I just love those nasty, nasty girls :evil:

065_zps99906a18.jpg

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back