New Woma feeding?

Aussie Pythons & Snakes Forum

Help Support Aussie Pythons & Snakes Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Status
Not open for further replies.

kkcvic

Reaction score
Hi there, just looking for some advice in regard to feeding of my recent adoption. When we got her ( I call her Bruce and she doesn't seem to mind ) her eyes were cloudy and was told by breeder and another well informed former breeder she was ready to shed. She was due for pinky on Saturday but was advised to wait until she had shed and eyes had cleared. No sign of shedding but eyes have cleared and whilst she is content to bask I am wanting to know if I should continue to hold back her food for the time being??

Attachments

• image.jpg
    image.jpg
    82.1 KB · Views: 43
  • image.jpg
    image.jpg
    109.8 KB · Views: 50
  • image.jpg
    image.jpg
    128.8 KB · Views: 47
  • image.jpg
    image.jpg
    126.5 KB · Views: 41
I offer all my snakes a feed even if they are due to shed (which it sounds like your will do in the next couple of days)

Cheers for the advice, I appreciate it. I will look at feeding tomorrow.

Eyes will clear up before shedding. There are mixed views about feeding when due for a shed e.g. snake cannot push shed over food lump and causes problems. I don't want to say it's a good or bad idea, my opinion is that Bruce can last a few more days without her pinkie until after she sheds. Especially since two breeders have advised you to wait and they generally know what they're talking about. No need to take unnecessary risks :)

PS Congrats on the new addition - super cute woma!!! I love them :D

Offer food if it takes it then you won't have any probs with shedding after all its a woma and a pinkie is rather small, I offer velvet rats or weaned mice to my woma hatchies

Pinky mouse? Womas can take hopper mice/ velvet rats straight away.
Personally I would until it has shed for its next feed, then offer it 2-3 fuzzy or Hopper mice, if you only have pinkies then give it at least 3-4

The body shape of a woma is different to other pythons. A pinkie will not interfere with shed - you won't even see a bump.
As mentioned above, increase food size as pinkies are too small for her now.
You don't mention her age?

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back