Newbie advice

Aussie Pythons & Snakes Forum

Help Support Aussie Pythons & Snakes Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Status
Not open for further replies.

Madmick149

Not so new Member
Reaction score
Hi all I'm new to the realm of keeping snakes and asking for any advice that may make the 1st weeks or months as pleasant for both my new pet and me.
i have a 8 month old Stimson Python weight is 28g he is being keeped in a click clack type encloshure it has paper towel a hide heat water ect. He is very snappy which I understand is normal.
What would be the best way to get use to handling for both of us.
He would be dew to feed today but would not eat which I understand is not abnormal for a new snake and yes I was offering the same size and type of food.
I do wash my hands before handling and and let him know in there I do have a hook which I have used in the hope that he will get use to the idea the hook means I'm coming out.
Any tips helpful info and ideas to make this as pleasant for both of us would be great

Welcome to the world of reptiles! If you've only just brought your snake home, let him settle in for a couple of days, only disturbing him if you need to clean his click clack. Then offer food, and keep handling to a minimum. The snappiness should go over time, as you and the snake get used to each other. Our two spotted pythons are both placid now, but snappy and flighty as juveniles.

cover his click clack with a tea towel or something during the day, and keep him out of noisey area's of the house :) i was told not to even attempt handling, unless necessary, for the first 2 weeks. i did anyway and she was snappy. but literally 15 days after i got her she seemed to be 100% nicer and i haven't been bit since lol

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back