Newbie questions re Central Beardies

Aussie Pythons & Snakes Forum

Help Support Aussie Pythons & Snakes Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Status
Not open for further replies.

gvassila

Reaction score
Hiya

I've done some research and have decided that the Central Beardie is the way to go but just have some newbie questions.

1. What is the phases I keep reading about? People keep refering to the dragon as being a red phase or orange phase etc, is this an age thing or a sub species?

2. It has been suggested we go for one around the 6 month stage as they aren't as fragile (children about, even though they are gentle) is there anything that we need to look for in personality or behaviour?

3. We do have other pets, we will keep them apart but do we need to be careful of contaminents?

Thanks

Hi! :)

I just got my very first bearded dragon a few days ago and I have to say, he is just wonderful.

I purchased him at two years, I wanted an older dragon because if I make any silly errors with the heating or lighting he is going to be able to withstand my amateur mistakes. I also wanted a dragon who was somewhat guaranteed to be friendly, one that has been handled and the people have experienced his adult nature first hand.

From what I gather, the phases is in reference to the bright colours they go when they are all happy and warm. Like my fellow is a yellow phase, and when he sits out in the bright sunlight, he goes a beautiful neon yellow.

I've done some research and have decided that the Central Beardie is the way to go but just have some newbie questions.

1. What is the phases I keep reading about? People keep refering to the dragon as being a red phase or orange phase etc, is this an age thing or a sub species?

As Sarah has said, it merely relates to the colour of the dragon.

2. It has been suggested we go for one around the 6 month stage as they aren't as fragile (children about, even though they are gentle) is there anything that we need to look for in personality or behaviour?

One that is a little older would probably be best if it's going to be handled regularly by little hands. They are fairly robust creatures though.

3. We do have other pets, we will keep them apart but do we need to be careful of contaminents?

No.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back