newbie vegetarian

Aussie Pythons & Snakes Forum

Help Support Aussie Pythons & Snakes Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Status
Not open for further replies.
I think in all honesty and with all due respect when I say this ...VEG HEADS its all ok if that is what you choose to do and your ethics might be 'because you love animals " but gimme me a break !!!!!!!! just because I dont fully rely on vegetable matter for all of my nutrients doesnt mean I am a barbaric human either ...you state your rights as a human and your beliefs and you live by those choices but dont be throwing stones at us meat eaters because we have differant ideas then you lot ...

Look at Voiceless.com which is an animal protection group with many lawyers as members, and their reports... these people actually know about the legislation and its interpretation.
An animal welfare group is saying the industry is doing things wrong???!?! NO WAY!! That can't be biased at all!

Farm animals are generally exempt from animal welfare legislation. Pigs have their tails cut off without anaesthetic, sheep and pigs are sterilised (male ones) without anaesthetic...I can't believe that that doesn't hurt. They scream and cry when it happens, and their stress levels have been shown to be very elevated for a long time afterwards
You obviously haven't read the studies about stress hormone elevation with regards to various farm animal procedures, as they say very different things to what you are claiming... I've cut off many a testicle and many a tail. When done properly, and when the animals are of proper age, there is very little complaining. With regards to "screaming and crying".. you do realise they scream and cry (especially piglets) even if you just pick them up? You can't judge screaming and crying to equal pain. Animals aren't humans. You're right - the procedures do hurt. Just like desexing dogs under anaesthetic hurts when they wake up, just like injections and especially microchipping dogs hurts, but nobody complains about that.

Pigs are kept in cages so small they can barely move
Farrowing sows are kept as such to prevent them crushing their piglets to death. The cages adhere to animal ethics guidlines and the pigs are not stressed (according to blood hormone levels).

Veal calves are kept in very small cages so that they don't develop muscles to make the meat too tough, and are given artificial diets lacking in what they need, just to make the meat taste better.
Not true, mostly. They are usually sent from the dairy farm to the meatworks straight away. Not many 'veal farms' around.

Many animals used in the meat industry are social animals and animals that fossick or graze. Keeping them segregated in tiny enclosures and preventing them from behaving naturally is very cruel.
Apart from farrowing pigs that is not true. Cattle sheep and goats are all kept in big groups. Pigs are kept in large pens unless they are farrowing.

The majority of meat available for sale in Australia is meat that comes from animals that have been treated in a cruel way.
I'm sorry that is rubbish, and you have no way to back that up.. Jut because you think something is cruel, it doesn't mean it is. Did you know that PETA protest against keeping animals as pets because it's cruel? Case in point.

Pigs have their tails cut off without anaesthetic,..as you quoted ...WELL NEWBORN MALE CHILDREN have their socks cut off without anaesthetic !!!!(that so called numbing gel dont relieve the pain as some would think!)

inside our mouths ..our teeth prove we are meat eaters...

simple solution to your problem get a gun licence a single shot .22 learn to shoot well buy book on cooking rabbit. Theres your meat killed quick, clean and your doing your bit for our envirnoment. may i also add shot meat is much much healthier for you than any meat purchased anywhere. and the animal will have led a good free range life.

jmo tho

I would struggle with out eating meat,some times I think Im a meataterian:lol:
Tonights spit roast
Picture210.jpg

mmmm jdonly1, looks awesome! Ate a vego dinner tonight because my 4yo daughter doesn't eat much meat, but tomorrow for father's day we are taking my husband out for the biggest hamburgers we can find!

carnivores eat meat
omnivores eat meat and vegetables etc
herbivores eat vegetables fruits etc

humans are omnivores.

ps. if anyone knows anything vegetarian that tastes exactly like Italian meatlovers pizza il become a hippy with you all.

also 50% of the replies in this thread are false and misleading, people should research farming practices before spouting nonsense they read of a site like PETA (have a look into there owners and youl think twice next time)

Last edited:
Just a question, how are you classed as a vegetarian if you eat chicken? or fish for that matter... theres no difference between chickens, fish, sheep and cattle, they're all animals...

not correct. Im Vego and i have been for more than a year now, i did an ethics assignment on it in year 11 and made my up my decisoin from there. Fish don't have the same nervous system as say a cow or pig or any mammal for that matter, fish are in a different category and don't have the same nervous system to handle the pain as do cows etc.

a pig for example has the same intelligence of a 4 year old kid.....thats murder
what i dont get is people like phil and that other chick who worked in an abbatoir think its ok to eat meat, ofcourse they can have their own opinoins but they are narrow minded.
eating meat is so fu**ed up! you can get your nutrients from other vegetables and sources.. infact there have been several studies prove that eating meat is prone to causing many severe health issues...not only this but it screws the environment and like the chick who started this thread said...it contributes to fu**ing 3rd world countries up-creating more poverty...GREAT just what we need

why should you have to eat meat then? because it tastes good?? give your self an uppercut.
people are so ignorant that they think eating meat is what we are designed to do?? are you kidding me? god didnt create animals to be eaten. he said "i give you these seeds to grow your food" or something along that meaning not "here take these cows and eat them they taste bloody good!"

why should we be the ones to decide to eat meat?
think about the bad karma you bring yourself!!??

since ive been vego i have had ALOT of good karma, its great for the environment and great for your body! get protein from beans, lentils, etc etc
iron from mushrooms spinach etc etc
there is an abundance of foods you can eat to supplement the nutrients in meat!

excuse me but i know a bloke who works in an abbatoir and he tells me for a fact that the animals are treated like ****!
he told me that often the gun that the cows are hit with through the head often miss and they are left alive for a few minutes untill they shoot it again with the pressure gun. once they are killed they rip the eyes out chop the legs off rip open the stomach and pull the guts out-is that really how we should be treating other living things??

paul mcartney said "if abbatoirs has glass windows everyone would be vego"
what happened to the days of the hippies where everyone was vego?
such a peacful place. so really the question still stands...

WHY DO YOU EAT MEAT?

is it just because it tastes good? how about you have a think about what effects it has on the world and yourself.

thanks

how about you have a think about what effects it has on the world and yourself. thanks[/QUOTE said:
do you care about the little kids dying over in other countries like you do for these live stock..like do you help them out in anyway (sponsorship) ,like you do with live stock .

Oh God!
Simple fact is that you will more than likely die a more horrible and painful death than any meat product you eat!!
Cattle is killed using a bolt gun which causes instant death, Chicken is killed by shocking and bleeding, fish is killed by freezing.
So sick of people sprouting off false information that they see on a today tonight special, No the cattle in Australia are not mistreated and nor are any primative methods of death used.

I think you will also find that plants also have DNA and have been proven to be very intelligent organisms so how can you say your doing it for the animals sake when your just going to do the same to a plant? If you say that they are different circumstances than your doing nothing but contridicting yourself.

I just don't understand why I have to waste my tax dollars on people who will just end up in hospital to be treated for malnutrition,anemia, iron deficiencies etc all because they suddenly grew a heart.
Grow up!

do you care about the little kids dying over in other countries like you do for these live stock..like do you help them out in anyway (sponsorship) ,like you do with live stock .

sure do mate recently did the 40hour famine and raised over $200
that will feed a large family for 6 months:D

also sponsor a kid through world vision costs me about $2 per day

i am very proud of myself and i see it as generating good karma ;)

Oh God!
Simple fact is that you will more than likely die a more horrible and painful death than any meat product you eat!!
Cattle is killed using a bolt gun which causes instant death, Chicken is killed by shocking and bleeding, fish is killed by freezing.
So sick of people sprouting off false information that they see on a today tonight special, No the cattle in Australia are not mistreated and nor are any primative methods of death used.

I think you will also find that plants also have DNA and have been proven to be very intelligent organisms so how can you say your doing it for the animals sake when your just going to do the same to a plant? If you say that they are different circumstances than your doing nothing but contridicting yourself.

I just don't understand why I have to waste my tax dollars on people who will just end up in hospital to be treated for malnutrition,anemia, iron deficiencies etc all because they suddenly grew a heart.
Grow up!

your the sort of person im referring to....you take an ignorant stand on this topic...you are not wasting your tax dollars on vegetarians anway and what a load of bullshit your talking about, your the one that needs to grow up and become a little more open minded.

i hope you get bought back as a cow in your next life. :x

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back