newbie vegetarian

Aussie Pythons & Snakes Forum

Help Support Aussie Pythons & Snakes Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Status
Not open for further replies.
once they are killed they rip the eyes out chop the legs off rip open the stomach and pull the guts out-is that really how we should be treating other living things??

Don't we also do that in medical science to save peoples lives? Don't we also perform autopsys on dead humans to find the cause of death?

And sorry to tell you but due to fact that our eyes are at the front of our heads we are predators which means we eat meat, so maybe you can share those facts next time your dancing around naked at woodstock

Don't we also do that in medical science to save peoples lives? Don't we also perform autopsys on dead humans to find the cause of death?

And sorry to tell you but due to fact that our eyes are at the front of our heads we are predators which means we eat meat, so maybe you can share those facts next time your dancing around naked at woodstock

good one mate, whatever makes you feel like a decent human being, go on go sacrifice a living creature so you can get some enjoyment for your tastebuds, Hope you enjoy it as much as i will enjoy knowing you being reincarnated as an animal that your kids will kill so that they can enjoy their steak while attaining heart disease. and while they are at it they may aswell completely **** up the environment, who cares seriously, why should we? its not going to affect you is it? Nope!

**** the drought! did you know it takes 10 000 litres of water to produce 1kg of beef?
as long as you have your steak hey bud! :D even though we are not in a drought atm what about the land that is damaged by the production of beef? who cares? not you!

and yes if woodstock was still on id be the one protesting for animal rights-here we come woodford folk festival

your the sort of person im referring to....you take an ignorant stand on this topic...you are not wasting your tax dollars on vegetarians anway and what a load of bullshit your talking about, your the one that needs to grow up and become a little more open minded.

i hope you get bought back as a cow in your next life. :x

Maybe you need to do some real research on how animals that are used for human consumption are treated, and that doesn't mean on the "PETA pack-me-another-cone website".
Actually why don't you go and have little look at where the stock is rased and how they slaughter
the animals, a lot of places will allow you to do so and i'm sure you will stop tooting your own horn once you have done so.

You also didn't answer my question of how it's wrong to eat meat because it's a living organism but fine to eat plant matter which is also a living organism? Do the rules just apply to suit you so you can't point your finger at others and judge them because they eat meat?
A good example of this is how vego's don't want to be judged for not eating meat yet will try to lobby any company which supplies/slaughters meat.....a little contradicting?
I have seen how animals are kept and killed commercialy and it's nothing like you vego's make it out to be, they are clean,healthy and happy animals.

good one mate, whatever makes you feel like a decent human being, go on go sacrifice a living creature so you can get some enjoyment for your tastebuds, Hope you enjoy it as much as i will enjoy knowing you being reincarnated as an animal that your kids will kill so that they can enjoy their steak while attaining heart disease. and while they are at it they may aswell completely **** up the environment, who cares seriously, why should we? its not going to affect you is it? Nope!

**** the drought! did you know it takes 10 000 litres of water to produce 1kg of beef?
as long as you have your steak hey bud! :D even though we are not in a drought atm what about the land that is damaged by the production of beef? who cares? not you!

and yes if woodstock was still on id be the one protesting for animal rights-here we come woodford folk festival

Okay so your saying we shouldn't eat animals because we need to kill them to do so BUT your also saying they are destroying the land by being alive? Make up your mind!!
If your so pro-environment why do you keep reptiles in captivity? Isn't that going to give you bad karma because you keep one of mother natures creatures in a cage? Or are you just setting rules to suit yourself?
You are still yet to answer a single one of my questions and I can only guess it's because you know I am right, That or the fact you have so little iron in your body it's making you a little dopey.

Last edited:
Maybe you need to do some real research on how animals that are used for human consumption are treated, and that doesn't mean on the "PETA pack-me-another-cone website".
Actually why don't you go and have little look at where the stock is rased and how they slaughter
the animals, a lot of places will allow you to do so and i'm sure you will stop tooting your own horn once you have done so.

You also didn't answer my question of how it's wrong to eat meat because it's a living organism but fine to eat plant matter which is also a living organism? Do the rules just apply to suit you so you can't point your finger at others and judge them because they eat meat?
A good example of this is how vego's don't want to be judged for not eating meat yet will try to lobby any company which supplies/slaughters meat.....a little contradicting?
I have seen how animals are kept and killed commercialy and it's nothing like you vego's make it out to be, they are clean,healthy and happy animals.

haha what good is an internet argment!
its wrong to eat meat because it is sacrifising a livng organisms life for one purpose only....for your satisfaction, as for your stupid question about the plants, mate they are plants and have no nervous system you fool! would you eat your dog? the only difference is your dog is domesticated...what difference would it make if it was "humanely killed?
your attached to it just like if it was a human. did you know snake is a delicasy in asian countries? how about you kill it humanley free of pain and eat that? whats the difference??

and actually you will find alot of true vegos will judge people on if they eat meat or not, they are on a much higher level according to kohlbergs 7 stages of moral development. you will find you are still at a pre conventional level and vegos...well post conventional!

from seeing that a person refrains from eating meat you can instantly tell so much about them, how they care for the planet, for their health.....other vegos associate with other vegos because they are like minded but seriously i am not trying to make ou become vego, by all means i encourage you to take your own opinion but i don't want to hear your **** anymore

haha what good is an internet argment!
its wrong to eat meat because it is sacrifising a livng organisms life for one purpose only....for your satisfaction, as for your stupid question about the plants, mate they are plants and have no nervous system you fool! would you eat your dog? the only difference is your dog is domesticated...what difference would it make if it was "humanely killed?
your attached to it just like if it was a human. did you know snake is a delicasy in asian countries? how about you kill it humanley free of pain and eat that? whats the difference??

and actually you will find alot of true vegos will judge people on if they eat meat or not, they are on a much higher level according to kohlbergs 7 stages of moral development. you will find you are still at a pre conventional level and vegos...well post conventional!

from seeing that a person refrains from eating meat you can instantly tell so much about them, how they care for the planet, for their health.....other vegos associate with other vegos because they are like minded but seriously i am not trying to make ou become vego, by all means i encourage you to take your own opinion but i don't want to hear your **** anymore

So your sayin plants can't feel pain? Again perhaps you should research that!!
You seem to keep sprouting a lot of crap without answering any questions or even showing ay facts!
If your so pro-planet why are you on a computer which has parts that will never bio-degrade? Why are you on a computer that is run on power which is non renewable?
Why do you live in a house which also has parts which can't be reused or broken down?

Your nothing but a hypocrite!
If you want to practice what you preach than go and throw your computer out, live in a hut, don't buy food with any packaging, don't use any forms of transport which uses fuel, don't use electricity which isn't solar or hydro!!!!!!!!!!!!

Okay so your saying we shouldn't eat animals because we need to kill them to do so BUT your also saying they are destroying the land by being alive? Make up your mind!!
If your so pro-environment why do you keep reptiles in captivity? Isn't that going to give you bad karma because you keep one of mother natures creatures in a cage? Or are you just setting rules to suit yourself?
You are still yet to answer a single one of my questions and I can only guess it's because you know I am right, That or the fact you have so little iron in your body it's making you a little dopey.

ok firstly, the fact that commercial farming is a trade is what is devastating the land, its because of the huge numbers of cows who are farmed solely for this purpose that cause this destruction to the environment. you see if this was not a trade then the small number of animals such as cows wouldnt be nearly as big of a strain on the environment.

and your second comment about keeping reptiles- how is this going to create bad karma? i am treating it with respect and dignity, probably a better life than what it would have in the wild. fed regularly etc etc. given enormous amounts of space to live in, regularly handled, no predators etc

and trust me mate there is no way in the world i would even consider you to be right IMO.

also how do you feel about the farming of chickens, how do you think they are treated

So your sayin plants can't feel pain? Again perhaps you should research that!!
You seem to keep sprouting a lot of crap without answering any questions or even showing ay facts!
If your so pro-planet why are you on a computer which has parts that will never bio-degrade? Why are you on a computer that is run on power which is non renewable?
Why do you live in a house which also has parts which can't be reused or broken down?

Your nothing but a hypocrite!
If you want to practice what you preach than go and throw your computer out, live in a hut, don't buy food with any packaging, don't use any forms of transport which uses fuel, don't use electricity which isn't solar or hydro!!!!!!!!!!!!

all i can say to that is i am only doing my bit to help the planet be a better place, and don't call me a hypocrite please. i am a student and there is no way i could do well without using computers etc etc. there is a level here where i am doing my but but there is a level that is going to a whole new extreme.

what are you doing to help the environment? and mate i dont need facts about any of my argument its all about morals and common knowledge something you obviously lack.

i will hold my opions firm and will never change, but seriously man im just doing my bit and at the end of the day i feel a better person than i once did, i feel as though i have made a positive step forward to help the environment, although not everything i do is perfect for the environment i try wherever possible to make the world a better place for all. :D

ok firstly, the fact that commercial farming is a trade is what is devastating the land, its because of the huge numbers of cows who are farmed solely for this purpose that cause this destruction to the environment. you see if this was not a trade then the small number of animals such as cows wouldnt be nearly as big of a strain on the environment.

and your second comment about keeping reptiles- how is this going to create bad karma? i am treating it with respect and dignity, probably a better life than what it would have in the wild. fed regularly etc etc. given enormous amounts of space to live in, regularly handled, no predators etc

and trust me mate there is no way in the world i would even consider you to be right IMO.

also how do you feel about the farming of chickens, how do you think they are treated

So your reptiles have more room than they would in the wild? And to let you in on a little secret reptiles don' get handled in the wild;)
And yes I am sure the cows are having a far greater impact on the land than you are:rolleyes: like I know cows usually drive cars,generate tons of rubbish and use electricty and all:lol:

Either get with the food chain or go live in a remote villiage, because until then your exactly like us meat eaters but you just think your better.

because a snake being handled will better its life?
I didnt realise enclosures were better then the natural habitat?

So your reptiles have more room than they would in the wild? And to let you in on a little secret reptiles don' get handled in the wild;)
And yes I am sure the cows are having a far greater impact on the land than you are:rolleyes: like I know cows usually drive cars,generate tons of rubbish and use electricty and all:lol:

Either get with the food chain or go live in a remote villiage, because until then your exactly like us meat eaters but you just think your better.

i said they have alot of room to roam free anyway.
you really are a dumbass- i was stating that reptiles are handled by their owners which is a positive.

and don't be a smartass mate, know one thinks your funny except your mum.

Global warming. Overexploited natural resources. Deforestation. Wasted land. Water and air pollution. The most serious environmental problems of our time are all directly linked to eating meat.

A 2006 United Nations report summarized the devastation caused by the meat industry by calling it "one of the top two or three most significant contributors to the most serious environmental problems, at every scale from local to global.

vinny74, you're reminding me of one of those hippy, god-loving people whose arguments make no sense and seem to deprive humanity of yet more logic.

Please look at your statements and rethink them with a logical view... not a spiritual/karma one. You are not going to be winning anyone over by spouting how ignorant people are (and implying how superior you are).

Instead, educate yourself a little more about the topic. Most of the videos you'll find about factory farming have come from overseas. Look for Australian based videos and organisations. Please do not support PETA. They started with a good idea and took it too far.

Humans have evolved to eat meat (and plants, of course). This is going to count for a lot more then what you have been saying. If you want to look up some more solid reasoning for why it is bad to eat meat, look up Peter Singer, the founder of Animal Liberation (and author of the same book). He is an Australian philosopher and quite noteworthy.

I would disagree with you on your point that the slaughter of meat is the reason why developing nations are poor. You need to look further into the political, social and economical reasons for this is so. Currently, our slaughter of meat does nothing to or for them.

As for the nervous system comment. Didn't you just say that fish have an nervous system, so they don't really count... then base your reasoning for why eating meat is a negative around this point? Your logic is flawed (again look at Peter Singer for better reasoning).

vinny74, you're reminding me of one of those hippy, god-loving people whose arguments make no sense and seem to deprive humanity of yet more logic.

Please look at your statements and rethink them with a logical view... not a spiritual/karma one. You are not going to be winning anyone over by spouting how ignorant people are (and implying how superior you are).

Instead, educate yourself a little more about the topic. Most of the videos you'll find about factory farming have come from overseas. Look for Australian based videos and organisations. Please do not support PETA. They started with a good idea and took it too far.

Humans have evolved to eat meat (and plants, of course). This is going to count for a lot more then what you have been saying. If you want to look up some more solid reasoning for why it is bad to eat meat, look up Peter Singer, the founder of Animal Liberation (and author of the same book). He is an Australian philosopher and quite noteworthy.

I would disagree with you on your point that the slaughter of meat is the reason why developing nations are poor. You need to look further into the political, social and economical reasons for this is so. Currently, our slaughter of meat does nothing to or for them.

As for the nervous system comment. Didn't you just say that fish have an nervous system, so they don't really count... then base your reasoning for why eating meat is a negative around this point? Your logic is flawed (again look at Peter Singer for better reasoning).

you know i honestly dont give a hoot what you think about it, and really im not making myself sound superior to anyone.....its just my opinion that its really very wrong both from a ethical perspective and spiritual perspective.

do what you want but eventually it will come around to get you. no matter how you justify it!
there is simply no valuable reason why humans need to consume meat.
my logic is obviously flawed! you like to eat meat and my reasoning is just bullshit, donlt listen to me!

and as you stated i am a god loving hippy, i am
but there is no reason to state that my arguments make no sense and that they seem to deprive humaity of yet more logic? for if everyone was vego the world would be a better place for everyone, jst look at the 60s and 70s.. any other vegos out there please have some input on this topic as it is very biased

also i stated that fish dont have the same nervous system as mammals and they have a completely different neuorological design thus they have different receptors to pain and different emotions to that of a human a cow or a pig for example.

i said they have alot of room to roam free anyway.
you really are a dumbass- i was stating that reptiles are handled by their owners which is a positive.

and don't be a smartass mate, know one thinks your funny except your mum.

Global warming. Overexploited natural resources. Deforestation. Wasted land. Water and air pollution. The most serious environmental problems of our time are all directly linked to eating meat.

A 2006 United Nations report summarized the devastation caused by the meat industry by calling it "one of the top two or three most significant contributors to the most serious environmental problems, at every scale from local to global.

I consider my self a bit of an environmentalist, but i dont think meat is the blame for that much?
Deforestation is cased by eating meat? You should re think the direct links to de forestation, when your are sitting in your timber house with timber furniture. the timber industry focuses more on the timber products then it does meat....
What about global warming and air pollution, wouldn't your transport and electricity for living also be a factor?
Hypocrite..

also i stated that fish dont have the same nervous system as mammals and they have a completely different neuorological design thus they have different receptors to pain and different emotions to that of a human a cow or a pig for example.

So you wouldn't save the whales then?

I consider my self a bit of an environmentalist, but i dont think meat is the blame for that much?
Deforestation is cased by eating meat? You should re think the direct links to de forestation, when your are sitting in your timber house with timber furniture. the timber industry focuses more on the timber products then it does meat....
What about global warming and air pollution, wouldn't your transport and electricity for living also be a factor?
Hypocrite..

as i said before i am nly doing my bit to help the earth be a better place
as soon as i finish school i will live in my kombi and use as little electricity as possible.

if you consider yourself an environmentalist and you eat meat also then that makes you more of a hypocrite doesn't it?
YES,

please refrain from posting immature responces to this thread. grow up

as i said before i am nly doing my bit to help the earth be a better place
as soon as i finish school i will live in my kombi and use as little electricity as possible.

if you consider yourself an environmentalist and you eat meat also then that makes you more of a hypocrite doesn't it?
YES,

please refrain from posting immature responces to this thread. grow up

Yes but do my bit in a more suttle and less forcing my views down on people way.
I dont go to the extreme and dictate to people how they should live. I only said " a bit" meaning minor..

Your arguments don't make sense. It is not based on sound logic (please, I do philosophy and regularly study good arguments). I said that you're "eople whose arguments make no sense and seem to deprive humanity of yet more logic". Please don't take what I say out of context. I was not calling you that.

If you want more people to become like you (that is, vegetarian and morally superior), then I suggest you find some better reasoning other then "it is bad on an ethical and spiritual perspective" rather then acting like a teenager and not "giving a hoot about what people think". Believe it or not, but some people study these issues as a profession, and know a hell of a lot more then you do.

Your attitude is doing nothing for you, other then deterring others away from becoming vegetarian.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back