Aussie Pythons & Snakes Forum

Help Support Aussie Pythons & Snakes Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Status
Not open for further replies.

cagey

AussiePythons Supporter
Supporting Member
Reaction score
Hi there, I am a newbie doing research and learning prior to getting a snake. 2-3 months into the reading so far. Have applied for licence and am waiting for it.
Have pretty much got it down to a MD python (most likely a young one) as the preferred choice of snake.
I am now working on understanding enclosure set-ups and what combination of lighting, heating and control systems will be best for the snake. The pics of different people's set-ups have been great for getting ideas for the final look.
Until next time- Cagey

A suggestion tho mate, don't rush things. Get everything absolutely ready first (enclosure), test it out for a couple of days then just be patient with choosing the right snake with a nice pattern, feeding well and placid nature.

Thanks for that. I intend taking the time to get it right and letting it run in, especially on the heating combination and settings to get the temp gradients where they need to be. I am working on the option of using a separate basic container for feeding, this also gives me a place to put the snake while cleaning the main enclosure.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back