newby

Aussie Pythons & Snakes Forum

Help Support Aussie Pythons & Snakes Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Status
Not open for further replies.

instar

Almost Legendary
Reaction score
hello i am new i just got a carpet snake for my birthday. its an adult one.
it bit me already. its in an old cabinet with lights on the roof. cant wait to its skin comes off. see ya Mike

I have a rk one from parks and wildlife . if your over 10 you can get one

Welcome Mike.

You have been bitten already and it was an adult. That sux and it is awesome at the same time.

I really hope I get bitten by my young childrens soon just to get the shock of it over and done with. I saw my Diamonds teth the other night while he was eating and I don't fancy being bitten by him to much !!!

=)

I got big hermit crabs too they hurt much more cause there nippers are so big

How old are in instar? Getting bitten isn't that bad, unless it's by something large enough to really rip into you and tear away huge amounts of meaty juicey bloody flesh...... Nah just joking it may bleed at bit but when you wipe the blood off and compare the amount of blood to the bite marks you will be suprised. I see you have crabs? That must suck lol

Good to see mate. Don't let one bite turn you off. But be carefull as now you have the "bug" and will NEED more snakes. ENJOY.
Cheers,Adam.

Don't listen to that Adam guy lol!!!!!!!!! he doesn't own any reptiles and he makes stuff up just so he can get in the last word :lol:

Shedding is when skin is comming off mate. So you are right to. LOL

Im trying to go through my life without getting bitten by a snake. So far i havent, but I know my bf is going to try and make one bite me, just because I said it :) Not going to!

Shedding is also called Sloughing. Only letting you know cos I only found that out a few months ago. Lil bit of info to know :)

cool

Good on ya mate......Just remember to just keep reading to find out all you can about your python and don't be scared to ask any question. .

Have fun.....

Please change that pic cwarren72!!!!! It's scaring the ladies!!!!! Is 72 your age??? ROFLMAO

my snake weighs 5.5kg. how much rats do i give it,by how heavy it is? i have a book but it dosent say how much or big rats to a dinner. i got large frozen rats but the bag dont say how many every dinner. i know to feed it every 2weeks.

Instar, have you considered joining a herp club? They are a great source of information. Also, try browsing through the forums, and talking to the person you bought your snake from. Most snake breeders are happy to supply a care sheet and give a little advice (just don't overdo it).

Maybe the time has come to organise another APS get-together so we can help our newbie members with the basics. Any thoughts/opinions?

i cant find how many rats to give it every 2 weeks thers heaps of stuff here

Status
Not open for further replies.

Latest posts

Back