Night Driving Around Bathurst

Aussie Pythons & Snakes Forum

Help Support Aussie Pythons & Snakes Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Status
Not open for further replies.

jase75

Reaction score
Well the weather has been really hot here lately so i have been heading out on some driving expeditions at night to see what i could find. Had not had much luck till the other night when i tried a new location which proved to be a really great area to find a few stunning snakes that i have not found around here before.

First find was 2 really big Male Funnel Web:
037.jpg 043.jpg

I found 5 of these Small Eyed Snakes active on the road :
049.jpg060.jpg066.jpg

But by far my favorite find of the night was this stunning Bandy Bandy which was active on the road :
011.jpg017.jpg023.jpg025.jpg
This was the first time i had seen 1 of these.
I also seen a Blind Snake but didnt get any pics.

wow lots of small eyeds

funny i see more bandy bandys than smal eyeds when herping at night

They feed almost exclusively on Blind Snakes so are not suitable to be kept in captivity.

Oh k thats a pretty amazing food chain! I am not what so ever a fan of bandy's but just wondered if they were kept.

I think they eat primarily blindsnakes, and blindsnakes eat primarily termites... it could be done i guess, but it'd be damned complicated.

Similar thing to thorny devils, you could prbably do it but you'd be flat out breeding food!

Stunning snakes. I'm yet to see a bandy myself, would love to.

Similar thing to thorny devils, you could prbably do it but you'd be flat out breeding food!

Stunning snakes. I'm yet to see a bandy myself, would love to.

I agree, I think they're beautiful little snakes. I've only ever seen one in the flesh, but it had already met an untimely end at the hands, or jaws I suppose, of my neighbour's dog.

cool pics,i love finding bandy bandys they are so cool.
Yeah same, thats the first 1 iv ever seen. it was a really successful night, 1 Bandy Bandy, 5 Small eyed Snakes and a Blind Snake.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back