Night tiger & Bandy Bandy

Aussie Pythons & Snakes Forum

Help Support Aussie Pythons & Snakes Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Status
Not open for further replies.

Brown_Hair

Reaction score
Just a couple of questions!

Ive just been crusing through the vic d.s.e list and it would appear we cant keep night tigers here? However we can brown tree snakes. Maybe i havnt seen it or not? Anyone able to confirm this for me? Ive been keen on these for some time, LOVE the katherine form.

The other question is if the bandy bandy can be kept anywhere in Aust? Or (which i beleive is the case) is its diet to extreme to alow this?

Thanks is advance....

The "Night Tiger" is a Brown Tree Snake in the sense that they are both Boiga irregularis, a species you can keep on a Victorian Private Wildlife (Advanced Category) Licence. I don't know about other states, but the Bandy Bandy is not on any of the "Hobbyist" lists in the ACT. If it can be kept at all in the ACT, it would need to be on at least a "Scientific" licence.

I don't know if any one has successfully kept Bandy-Bandies long term. They prey on blind snakes and I don't think anyone has got them to eat anything else. I suppose you could scent rodents with blind snake but it isn't a job I would like to do (Shudder).

Was just up bush for a week working on a property in singleton and had to relocate this one.

Attachments

• 23-9-2009_004.jpg
    23-9-2009_004.jpg
    45.6 KB · Views: 189
you can force feed bandy bandy pinks and ive heard that some people have has success with them taking rat tails

Thanks guys! That looks fantastic bret!
Would be interesting to hear more about bandy's in captivity (hobby or scientific) if anyone is in the know?

Just a couple of questions!

Ive just been crusing through the vic d.s.e list and it would appear we cant keep night tigers here? However we can brown tree snakes. Maybe i havnt seen it or not? Anyone able to confirm this for me? Ive been keen on these for some time, LOVE the katherine form.

The other question is if the bandy bandy can be kept anywhere in Aust? Or (which i beleive is the case) is its diet to extreme to alow this?

Thanks is advance....

Hi there,

You will actually find if you go through our schedules they are alot of elapids and colubrids we cannot keep...along with monitors. The DSE are slowlyy catching up to other states.

yeah, even tho i have no interest i think i only seen a couple of elapids on the vic list

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back