NO ID required

Aussie Pythons & Snakes Forum

Help Support Aussie Pythons & Snakes Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Status
Not open for further replies.

Fuscus

Almost Legendary
Reaction score
In the ironically named sunshine coast, surrounded
I didn't see it to the last moment and drove right over it, intentionally ( and fortunately) missing it with my wheels. This is in contrast to a poor turtle I saw on the way up where some bozo had obviously intentionally run over it (People like that are the reason I always carry rubber bands and rusty razors :evil:). Despite the ordeal the snake was a calm animal, allowing my heaps of photos

Attachments

• DSC_2090.JPG
    DSC_2090.JPG
    60.3 KB · Views: 104
  • DSC_2092.JPG
    DSC_2092.JPG
    57.6 KB · Views: 133
Nice pics. Your BTS seemed very placid. Most that I have seen have been on the go and are not so cooperative.

Regards,
David

Coastal taipan?
I've seen a few placid ones David, we had one at a herp BBQ recently that would not strike for love nor money.

Nice one... you got some great photos there! I managed to get a few nice photos of one i found near newcastle but really it was about 15 degrees at the time. He was very cooperative.

-H

Nice pics. Your BTS seemed very placid. Most that I have seen have been on the go and are not so cooperative.

Regards,
David

Around SE Qld? Or just in general?
From all the BTS's I have found here, not 1 has even got into the defensive posture for me. From tiny little hatchies, all the way to as long as me (so approx. 1.85 metres).
But saying that, I am still yet to get a half decent picture of one as they won't sit still!

All the wild BTS I've encountered so far have been wussies and hard to photo because all theey want to do is hide.

We seems to see them at both extremes here. From those who just want to disappear or are almost lap dog like, to those that seem to be channeling a cage fighter on PCP. There was one at Kris' parents' place one night that struck at anyone who passed under it....or just wandered in it's general direction (i.e. you breathed, it struck) There was no way in hell it was going to reach but it wasn't letting that stop it.

wild ones may be friendly, but captive ones are little ****s from what I have expierienced, 2 of my mates have/had them and theres were crazy, I had one, was crazy aswell, although the new owner of it said it has become a bit friendlier. maybe its just cause it was little, they are nice snakes, just eat to much, crap to much and bite to much. would be strange seeing a bts that is friendly :lol: might have to head towards the mountains more to find a wild bts, photographing one would be good.

cant wait, you should set up a site with all your herping pics (what is needed is an australian herping forum, with sections for each state. even if it didnt get much traffic all the regular herpers would use it, would be awsome in my opinion. do you see cacophis kreftii much? I dont seem to find them often wanna get some good pics of some. also you see pygopods much?

Lol Ryan you should see him at night... He will smash you all night long. He a beaut during the day though ;)

wild ones may be friendly, but captive ones are little ****s from what I have expierienced, 2 of my mates have/had them and theres were crazy, I had one, was crazy aswell, although the new owner of it said it has become a bit friendlier. maybe its just cause it was little, they are nice snakes, just eat to much, crap to much and bite to much. would be strange seeing a bts that is friendly :lol: might have to head towards the mountains more to find a wild bts, photographing one would be good.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Latest posts

Back