Aussie Pythons & Snakes Forum

Help Support Aussie Pythons & Snakes Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Status
Not open for further replies.
When i asked are they licenced he says 'ummmm. Yeah'. Although after looking he does seem to have alot of animals for sale, Diamond Python, Leaf Tails, Mountains, Nobbi's and Pinky Mice... he just seems to not know the prices or something, because he seemed unsure on the phone so he change the price...

Wow... the passion for local fauna is commendable lol

I would just think It would be WAY eaiser to breed em then go out and poach em. Not to mention the risks of going out and catching em. Most NP's have rangers? Mountains In my experience breed like rabits and from what ive heard nobbies breed as well as jackies thus they breed like rabbits. LOL

I would just think It would be WAY eaiser to breed em then go out and poach em. Not to mention the risks of going out and catching em. Most NP's have rangers? Mountains In my experience breed like rabits and from what ive heard nobbies breed as well as jackies thus they breed like rabbits. LOL

yes but breeding takes time, and cost you as you have to buy animals in the first place, poaching can make a quick buck, you could strip a large rocky outcrop and find over 50 lizards, often more depending on if people have disturbed it. I had a good spot in the hunter valley I could stop at on the way out to warrumbungles to photograph herps, last time I went every rock was up turned smashed and there was nothing.... even the tin was flipped and no snakes there :evil::evil: year before there were 3 dwyers snakes just checking 2 pieces :evil: another rock outcrop I went to last year at warrumbungles at night I saw in a 5 minute walk 10 thick tails, bynoes, occelated all on the track, this year I walked and noticed all the rocks where flipped smashed, we found 1 thick tailed gecko there after searching a few times that trip (over 2 hours of searching in that one area.... I can go on and on for hours with stories of this happening, I have plenty........ :(

Well.... Yesterday i rang him saying i would buy your Nobbi he said yep ok i said ill text you and tell what time.etc he says no problems. Today i rang him again because there was no reply to my texts....im like hi, i said i would buy your Nobbi and hes like ohh...yeah? well.. were you the guy that picked up the geckos too? i said no and he said ohh...the nobbi's are gone. LOL!?

sounds like the person has too much on their hands, from personal experience, a person who has too much on is probably not spending the time required to take care of their animals and you are probably better off.

Sounds like reptileguy is back at it again!
They would have been jackies and he would have told you some story about them being dark because its cold etc.... that hes been keeping for years, his sister works for the zoo or npws etc etc....

Sounds like reptileguy is back at it again!
They would have been jackies and he would have told you some story about them being dark because its cold etc.... that hes been keeping for years, his sister works for the zoo or npws etc etc....

what did he use to sell? cant believe he hasnt been caught, the ads are obvious there wild caught, either that or he likes to keep local species

It sounds like the same guy, but before he was in the Macathur area..... Picton, Campbeltown, Narellan, st Helens Park etc

Hes advertising the same things, nobbis, jackys and mountains (all jackys), super dooper velvet geckos, leafys, diamonds etc.
Pretty much anything that could be caught locally ;)
Dunno though, these ads are for Parramatta and Auburn

the leasures always give these illegal sellers away I reckon, who the hell in there right mind would want a leasures velvet gecko.

there is another breeder that looks supicious, large quantity on there but they may be legal just thought it was a bit suss that the turtles had moss on them like the ones from the bush, and the shinglebacks are sticking there tongue out in defense, not that common for captive animals I guess.... then again I could be wrong which is why I wouldnt post the sellers name, its hard to judge these things over internet, only way DECC is gonna stop it is to ban the selling of reptiles in NSW similar laws to TAS if theres no money, we get rid of the people who are only in it for the money and all the good genuine people will be left.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back