Nocturnal activity

Aussie Pythons & Snakes Forum

Help Support Aussie Pythons & Snakes Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Status
Not open for further replies.

benc63

Not so new Member
Reaction score
Last night was a great night for finding herps out and about.
The road was still warm at midnight and here is a few of the
critters that crossed our path.

Red phase Death adder
P1010042.jpg

Bandy bandy
P1220006.jpg

Threat display
P1010041.jpg

Brown tree snake
P1220010.jpg

Diamond python
P1220017.jpg

nice pics champ love the adder hopefully i can get out to nite:lol::lol::lol:

Nice stuff mate, i whent out last night too and found only a couple of Broad Tailed Geckos, i was hoping to find some death adders as it was a perfect night for them but was unsuccessful. Looks like you get a fair few different species of snakes were you go herping. What habitat did you find the Death Adder in?
Thanks Tim.

hahah that brown tree snake doesn't look a bit scared :D
he's probably thinking.....
"my, im a pretty darn good lookin snake :)"

:O Are you serious?! I am jealous to the maximum! I have seen 2 snakes in Australia in my life, and you see all this in one night?! *runs away crying*

very nice, great looking adder, did you see any pygopods or geckos along the road? judging by all the species you saw, I think I know where you went ;) did you see just the one adder?

Definitely jealous, I think I know that spot too, At midnight it was still over 30oC and didnt drop below 25 all night, thought it was too hot till your results..

Haha beat me to it Jas

Last edited:
love the adder .... i went herping 2 weeks ago and i found were cane toads .... over 30 of em ...

Definitely jealous, I think I know that spot too, JasonL and I also went out that night and only found a couple of frogs and a pink tongue. At midnight it was still over 30oC and didnt drop below 25 all night, thought it was too hot till your results..

yeah, a mod on this forum was also at the lousy spot, though he did better than I and managed a black and white stripey snake that wasn't a bandy..... I would call him a name but he will infract me :lol:

pink tongue isnt bad jason and bushfire, I just did 3000km and only saw 7 live snakes, only 1 was a new one for me, but hey it was still worth it none the less. ;) by the way, were you guys on the central coast somewhere?

pink tongue isnt bad jason and bushfire, I just did 3000km and only saw 7 live snakes, QUOTE]

did you start from Antarctica?

very funny, it does sound like it, but no we just had an unlucky patch, we went out to early, when it was to hot, finished to early when it was still to hot, then got poured on when we finally had a night "cool" enough for the herps.

Don't worry, I know of herp trips that were far worse than that.... it happens sometimes, that's what keeps us going back for more, just like fishing...

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back