Northern Diamond / Intergrade temps ??

Aussie Pythons & Snakes Forum

Help Support Aussie Pythons & Snakes Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Status
Not open for further replies.

SShazz

Not so new Member
Reaction score
Hey everyone :)

I'm getting my Northern Diamond from pythons1 in a couple of weeks and am setting up my enclosure at the moment. I used to have a Diamond Python a few years ago, but am wondering if these Northern Diamonds have different temperature requirements than the garden variety Diamonds? I can't find any info particular to the Northern Diamonds (or are they intergrades? - it's all new to me, so forgive my ignorance).

I've emailed the breeder, so hopefully they'll get back to me soon with particular info, but in the meantime, I would love advice from anyone who already has a Northern Diamond.

Thanks!!! :lol:

I have 2 intergrades or port macs,depends on what you want to call them, and I think northern diamond is just another name for the same thing. Ikeep mine same as a diamond but best bet would be wait for a reply from the breeder and follow their advise as they are obviously more experienced than me and are having great success in keeping them.

Keep them at temps that they would be at in their natural environment. Intergrades are found on the nsw mid north coast so find what the AVERAGE temps around the Port Mac/Coffs area is and keep them accordingly, allowing higher basking temps and thermal gradients.

Night temps a little higher than average as in an enclosure there won't be the retained heat thats found in rock outcrops, ceilings etc.

Get your info from the breeder. They are very successful in what they do so just followsuit.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back