northern velvet geckoes

Aussie Pythons & Snakes Forum

Help Support Aussie Pythons & Snakes Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Status
Not open for further replies.
Your males abit slim there Saz! This is my Male, Thanks to Ari!

Last edited:
Yes he was very skinny, the previous owner hadn't even realised he existed in the enclosure until just before he sold them!

He has been housed on his own since I got him and has put on a stack of weight as a result, poor little fella!

The pair were a gift though, so no complaints from me, hehehe!

:0)

I think your male is more on the obese end of the scale LOL!

i know shawn, but sometimes we have to make the hard decision, something had to go, still miss them and my pink tongues,

thanks chris, can't believe i'm 40 already, lol, just like yesterday i was 39, lol,

Its not my fault Saz, blame Ari (troy)! We all know he over feeds!

Also, Northern Velvet Geckos are Bullies! They Bite, attack and Lunge at the owner if someone goes near them!

Apart from their aggression they are a Beautiful and Ideal Species to keep but are primarily cage Geckos. They do not tolerate Handling well but as you would know, they are NO eye Sore!

Shawn

Yeah, but it's so cute! They arch their tail and back and sort of hiccup in your general direction. Unbelievably adorable, but of course I act all scared so as not to hurt their ego.

My little male is actually okay with being handled, but I think because he was dominated by all the others he doesn't have the agressive thing going on. The female on the other hand hiccups at me every time I put my hand in her enclosure!

Yes, I know what Troy is like! If there was a Jenny Craig for geckos Troy would be paying a fortune in fees, hehehe!!

:0)

LOL .....My gexs just love their food. My god who on sold a breeding pair of Oedura Coggeri there is next to none in captivity.........rare as hen's teeth.

Here are some baby Castelnaui pics.

Attachments

• castel1.jpg
    castel1.jpg
    58.6 KB · Views: 60
  • castel2.jpg
    castel2.jpg
    79.4 KB · Views: 54
Ari, your to blame here. You gave me a FATTIE of a Gecko! Just Joking.......

Beaut Hatchies. Ari, it was Steve6610- Attack him, he sold the Coggeri!

Actually, My female is good for handling and the Male is Not! Was he a trouble with you Troy?
Shawn

Actually heres some more Castelnaui pics & some Oedura Marmorata juvie pics

Attachments

• castelnaui.JPG
    castelnaui.JPG
    158.2 KB · Views: 56
  • castelnaui2.JPG
    castelnaui2.JPG
    154.1 KB · Views: 47
  • marmoratas.JPG
    marmoratas.JPG
    153.3 KB · Views: 60
Troy,
Was my Male a trouble when you had him?

He bites all the time. Are you selling those Hatchlings?

Shawn

All Oedura are trouble sometimes - they hate being handle but I dont know so much about him as I never handled him much, however my breeding pair well they raise their middle section up & slam their tails into my hand - they aren't at all scared - impressive to watch actually.

No, I have 4 x juvie Oedura Castelnaui out at the moment & intend on keeping them all except trade for a new blood line at some stage.

Hey

Was just thinking Chris if you are in Victoria then you cant keep Northern Velvet Geckos (Oedura Castelanui) anyway in that state.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back