not reptiles but may interest some

Aussie Pythons & Snakes Forum

Help Support Aussie Pythons & Snakes Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Status
Not open for further replies.

MrsDragonLady

Reaction score
Do you have any interesting bush critter photos - please add

I love walking around the bush at the back of our place looking for wildlife to photograph :D

below are termites, an earwig (?) and a centerpede I found..

Lovely pics, brilliant clarity....................... interesting subjects!!!!!

Thanks for the compliment on the photos Dipcdame

My husband bought me another camera (not SLR) and I have been clicking any and everything that appeals to me to get the hang of it. Of course there are a lot that were 'duds' - thank goodness for digital cameras otherwise I would have had a lot of wasted film.

Will add a couple more :)

Does anyone know what the insect in the first three photos is???

and I think the last two are of the whitetail spider??

Last edited:
nice ceterpied i used to have one it was big feed fresh pinkies to it occasonly

Just some stuff I've found at a few places including Karawatha state forest, Mt Glorius and Bina burra.

Limnodynastes_peronii1.jpg

Litoria fallax
Litoria_Fallax2.jpg

This was one huge cricket, I think it's a King cricket. Looked to be about 10cm long in the body, wasn't too happy having its photo taken either.

cricket.jpg

Barred frog
barredfrog.jpg

Eulamprus murrayi
eulamprus-murrayi.jpg

Pink tongue
pinktongue.jpg

Some kind of caseworm?
caseworm1.jpg

Cicada
cicada1.jpg

grasshopper1.jpg

Tiny little barbata.
beardie1.jpg

WOW what great photos blackthorn

anyone who says that bushwalking is boring needs to open their eyes

I am always photographing critters when I go out. Love bushwalking. Only thing is I could not get a better photo of this ant because I was too scared of another finding my toes. I screamed I was that scared of them and found myself running along the track a short way before I got puffed and very paranoid - couldn't stop looking around for them.

Attachments

• 017.jpg
    017.jpg
    199.4 KB · Views: 116
  • 078.jpg
    078.jpg
    93.7 KB · Views: 78
  • 005.jpg
    005.jpg
    84.1 KB · Views: 62
  • 008.jpg
    008.jpg
    64.2 KB · Views: 76
  • 010.jpg
    010.jpg
    84.3 KB · Views: 71

Does anyone know what the insect in the first three photos is???

Pretty sure its a cicada...could be wrong though, I'm no expert...I've been bushwalking with my parents for as long as I can remember, hope to do the same with my kids when they're old enough...I'll have to see if I can get some of my dads pics...he was always snapping everything.

Nice pics everyone.

Pretty sure its a cicada...could be wrong though, I'm no expert.

Sorry I should have mentioned that the insect I was asking after is only about 15mm

but you just reminded me of the two photos I took of a cicada 'shell' yesterday

will upload them too

Last edited:
I am always photographing critters when I go out. Love bushwalking. Only thing is I could not get a better photo of this ant because I was too scared of another finding my toes. I screamed I was that scared of them and found myself running along the track a short way before I got puffed and very paranoid - couldn't stop looking around for them.

Was that a bull ant? I would not want to be bitten by one of them. My father's dog was bitten on the 'you-know-whats' by a bull ant and he really suffered!

taken on day dream island Queensland

does any one know what type of lizard this is, he came out and layed next to us while we where have an ice cream, i was a little scared at first check out those claws :shock:

Attachments

• day dream lizard.JPG
    day dream lizard.JPG
    291.5 KB · Views: 126
Lace Monitor?

Is that really a lacie? Has an awful big tail and doesnt really have the same facial patterns? Any other opinions on what it might be??? Looks kinda aquatic

didn't mean to sound like a know-it-all

I may not be right - they just looked the same to me

The (Tree) Goanna or Lace Monitor lizard :D

Just to clarify, this is what went with the picture that I found on google:

The (Tree) Goanna or Lace Monitor lizard grows to a little over 2m length. It is one of several types of large Australian monitor lizard. This one is found in the eastern states of Australia, including parts of South Australia where I have encountered it occasionally while playing golf! Using large claws, it is quite capable of climbing trees in search of bird nestlings or eggs, and can be aggressive.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back