not sure if i have set up enclosure right ?

Aussie Pythons & Snakes Forum

Help Support Aussie Pythons & Snakes Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Status
Not open for further replies.

karta

Not so new Member
Reaction score
so my little wormbert (childrens python) is ready to go into his enclosure today its a 4ft long 2 ft wide and deep fish tank i have a hollow log at one end and another at the other with a branch in the middle for him to climb i have a heat mat for under the tank. but it will be located on an out door covered verendah no chance of rain or wind getting to it i just dont know if i should keep a towel or blanket over it of a night time im worried it may get to cold being out doors my 2.5 metre long carpet used to live out there in a large display case from big w and he was fine but always had lighting in the case have a 3 ft long light to go ontop and he will get sunlight out there of a day time only direct in the afternoon for an hour or so need some thoughts from others or just tell me what im doing wrong what i need /should have im open to being told im doing this wrong just want to learn some more thanks

any help will be appreciated as im heading to the pet shop in around an hour or so ?

I would not keep a snake outdoors in a fish tank. It can heat up like a car in 10 minutes of direct sunlight and the sunlight provides no benefit to a childrens python and the glass will filter any UV anyway. How old is your python? In my opinion with what you have at the moment I would keep it in a plastic tub with the heatmat inside away from direct sunlight and would also buy a thermostat from the pet shop.

I agree with Andy not to long ago I seem someone posting about there snakes dying and they were keeping them outside in a fish tank. Keep it in a tub inside on a Matt with a thermo.

well he is only around 6 months old ive only ever had larger carpet pythons which didnt mind being out there at all but were alot more regulated in there enclosure im tottally lost with this little guy and have nearly no equipment left from them and i can sit him in a place that gets no direct sunlight at all out there but its the only option for him to stay as people in my house arent to fond of the little guy what would you suggest as it is my only option out there what would be the best way i could keep him i will be buying a thermostat today though ?? and he is sticking as far away from the heated end of the tub atm

any more inputon what i have said please as we are leaving soon ?

If you have to keep a six month old childrens python outside I would get myself a styrofoam box to put his click clack in and use a thermostat to regulate the heat mat. Maybe you should consider moving to somewhere that you can keep your snake inside if at all possible.

ok thanks heaps he will be moving inside soon im sure its just getting my partner over her fear not that hes much to fear poor little guy and the original plan was for inside people changed there mind once he was allready home /broke the lid to the tank other wise hes fine happy little guy only handled him once since i brought im home kept trying to drop off my hand and onto the bed no agression what so ever thought

why couldn't you keep him in your room, even if people aren't fond of him they shouldn't be going in your room anyways... its yours...

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back