Aussie Pythons & Snakes Forum

Help Support Aussie Pythons & Snakes Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Status
Not open for further replies.
QLD is full of rednecks though. I never really realised how many of them are about before I moved here.

Someone once told me anyone who keeps a snake in a cage is a redneck and i also come from Qld. I spent the last 20 mins spining on my chair trying to see if my neck is actually red :lol:

Perhaps that would be true for male roos, i was under the impression female roos where a differant story, i know of one that lives near some of my relatives that was released by ignorant hippy type carers(a long way away from any other roos) and although it romes freely it is as domsticated and peaceful as any other domestic animal and will go into ppls houses if the door is left open. One story i saw on TV was a family with a peaceful well adapted doe that was take with force while all the kids where crying etc.

I wasnt blaming the person who pulls the trigger, but the person who bans the keeping of native wildlife, making this the ONLY option. Its also obviously the fault of the owner assuming they knew it was illegal(many wouldnt think that such stupid laws existed).
An adult roo entering random homes doesn't ring any alarm bells? This is exactly why they are not kept as pets.

Perhaps that would be true for male roos, i was under the impression female roos where a differant story, i know of one that lives near some of my relatives that was released by ignorant hippy type carers(a long way away from any other roos) and although it romes freely it is as domsticated and peaceful as any other domestic animal and will go into ppls houses if the door is left open. .

I think i may have seen that tv series!! Skippy right??? ;):)

I think i may have seen that tv series!! Skippy right??? ;):)

haha they actually gave it that original name.
It doesnt cause anyone any trouble or it probably would have been shot by now, its been there for around 10 years i think too. Its sad that its alone but a nice animal to have around anyway.

Just typical in my opinion, just typical - and they do whats best for the animals?......Please spare me the agony of life. The easy way out is to euthanize. Whether they are captive bred or wild caught is irrelevant they can still let them go to a decent home.

I totally agree with Bundy (Hey, I have a snake named Bundy :D ) . Have them on license in the first place and this situation wouldn't arrise. But it still does no justice for the animals who have no choice of where they are, and THEY are the ones losing their lives because someone has broken the law. These animals should be confiscated from the offender but placed into care until permanent homes are found, or until such time they could be fit to be released. I am sure there would be plenty of volunteers who would take the cost of their hands.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back