O.Tryoni Cant climb glass

Aussie Pythons & Snakes Forum

Help Support Aussie Pythons & Snakes Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Status
Not open for further replies.

dimi1987

Reaction score
Hey all :D,

Looking for more answers than my search could cough up for me.

I recently bought a Oedura Tryoni (southern spotted velvet gecko) from a pet shop (recently being yesterday). Its my first gecko and although ive been trying to research as much as possible and got some theory under my belt real experience is a different matter.

Now, my problem.
From day 1 i noticed my gecko will try to climb the glass but cant and would just keep sliding, also when he was in the plastic container when i took him home (assuming its a he) he kept sliding and couldnt grip to the plastic floor. I'm thinking from what i read its just shedding thats stuck to its feet and i just managed to briefly (going off another post) put him in a humidity chamber in a suitably sized container, dampened wash cloth in warm water on the bottom of the container and placed the heat lamp underneath (at a suitable distance as to not cook my gecko!) for roughly an hour (i did it for 30mins roughly as i had to leave the house and didnt want it to go on without supervision).

Was this a good idea? Is there anything else i need to try besides keeping humidity up in the enclosure? How long does this take before you need to start worrying...

He can climb the branches and stuff easily enough by the looks of it but not glass or plastic (smooth surfaces).

Sorry for the long post, its my first time looking after a gecko. :oops:

EDIT: Sorry just realised i posted in wrong section... :?

Dont worry sometimes hatchies arent that good at climbing glass, i assume its a hatchie. Once they get bigger its seems their feet develop more grip.

Yes it is rather small :) ok well thats good news then. i'll just keep looking after my baby :) i love it so much. its the first pet that only i own, not the whole family.

very cool and good luck! ive noticed my oedura castelnaui will slip and slide a bit after i clean the glass, after a day or so they can climb it fine again

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back