Oedura marmorata (Marbled Velvet Geckos) INFO from other owners.

Aussie Pythons & Snakes Forum

Help Support Aussie Pythons & Snakes Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Status
Not open for further replies.

Ephemera

Not so new Member
Reaction score
Hey there, just throwing a thread to all the owners of Oedura marmorata or past owners with their experiences with them. I'm planning to buy a pair when they are available, but for now whilst waiting, was just wondering what type of things to expect with them?

Anything I should be aware of? Any special sort of way you set up your terrarium/enclosure to suit their needs? Just general knowledge & experiences are what I'm asking for with response, so yeah! Thank-you to anyone who can be of help or throw some stories my way. :D

Last edited by a moderator:
mine loves to climb on all his fake vines and leap from one to the other.

Very acrobatic, very fast, very hungry. Always hungry.
Be careful when transporting them as they will jump out of your hand.
Husbandry wise they like vertical hides and mine would shelter on bark slabs leaning against the enclosure wall.
Good luck ;)

mine loves to climb on all his fake vines and leap from one to the other.

Very acrobatic, very fast, very hungry. Always hungry.
Be careful when transporting them as they will jump out of your hand.
Husbandry wise they like vertical hides and mine would shelter on bark slabs leaning against the enclosure wall.
Good luck ;)

Oh okay, so they're very similar to my Tawny Dragon on the 'skiddish' side. It actually makes it a lot easier on what to expect with them, greatly appreciated! Thanks!

Mine are very fast and will jump long distances so I'm not too keen on handling them. Always active at night though they disappear quickly when you aren't looking.

They are great eaters as mentioned, will defecate on every part of the enclosure except the lid/top and are fairly easy to keep and breed.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back