Offensive avatars

Aussie Pythons & Snakes Forum

Help Support Aussie Pythons & Snakes Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Status
Not open for further replies.

77Loz

Not so new Member
Reaction score
Ok, I'll probably be berated for this but could there be any restriction on what type of avatar people have? Of course I believe in freedom of expression and I don't think anyone on this site would disagree with that but there is one in particular on this site that almost sends me into a fit everytime I see it because it is blinking, blinking, blinking and I have to quickly scroll down the page or go back which is disappointing because I can't read the comments. :cry: I am not suggesting everybody have a 'boring' or 'simple' one like mine and it is cool that people experiment, etc and I truly mean no offense to anybody with these types of avatars and I do respect their choice. Also, I appreciate I am fairly new to the site... If it is just me that has this issue then no probs, but maybe there are others out there that feel the same? :oops: Apologies in advance if anyone has been offended by this post, this is just my humble opinion.

nahh not really i mean if theres one purely offensive well then thats Differ but other than tat....

You're better off PM'ing a mod or admin Loz and expressing your concern to them, rather than in a general post. But I get where you're coming from.

Hi,

Yeah best to check with the mods, we have kids frequent this site, So therefore their responsibility to keep a check. I recieved a warning when I used a pics of a naked woman with a big python around her covering her private parts. Fair Enough:)

Cheers

not verbally offensive - and i am generally not easily offended anyways - yeah, mostly the spider one, sorry tatelina, not really meaning to single any one out though - this is not a personal attack

i dont like the flashing avatars , thay play havock with my epolepsy , and i think there should be a rule banning them , so that people like me dont go into fits when we see flashing avatars unexpectedly .....

What exactly is not right? The avatar or the fact that people keep commenting about it ? I was not aware this had come up before.

Lol Erin_Jane don't worry, your heaps better looking than that cartoon and Ben knows it just men are attracted to the jiggle lol.

If Ben comments on it too many more times he can just live with the computer and avatar and I'll move out!! :lol:

Your on a Snake web site and your worried bout spiders :D .

Just for any who haven't seen it:D

And Erin...love you more than Bryony's avatar:D:D

Attachments

17 KB · Views: 376
i love the flashy spider avatar, i saved it when i saw it! also the crawly bug one :p :p

Nat ;)

Ok, forget it, just trying to raise a serious issue that is obviously not being taken seriously. :(

If you're using Firefox or IE (Internet Explorer) just wait till the page loads and then press the "Escape" key (it's the one at the top left of your keyboard that says "Esc"). MAGIC!!!

Why can't people learn to help themselves? Hopefully that should help all you epilepsy sufferers...

Last edited by a moderator:
If you're using Firefox or IE (Internet Explorer) just wait till the page loads and then press the "Escape" key (it's the one at the top left of your keyboard that says "Esc"). MAGIC!!!

Why can't people learn to help themselves? Hopefully that should help all you epilepsy sufferers...
Thank you very much Nelly for that excellent tip - I have tried it and it works. The second paragraph was unnecessary. Lauren.

Last edited by a moderator:
Thank you very much Nelly for that excellent tip - I have tried it and it works. The second paragraph was unnecessary. Lauren.

You're right... completely inappropriate.

It's easy to be complacent about things like that when I have access to a completely unique and restricted source of information known to insiders as the "International Network".

Have a pleasurable evening.

Why can't people learn to help themselves?

Sooooo..how did you find this wonderful piece of helpfull information out Nelly? Read it in a book? Read it on the interent? Experimented with the keys on your keyboard? Which ever way you learnt that, someone did it for YOU!
Someone wrote the book, someone wrote it up on the internet or someone even made the program so you could 'find it'.
Learn to help themselves you say? Im all for people assisting others and people asking for assistance. Keeps society learning from each other...progressing. When people are condemned for asking things on this fractured piece of a communication device called the internet, the world really has gone the dick.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back