Aussie Pythons & Snakes Forum

Help Support Aussie Pythons & Snakes Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Status
Not open for further replies.

zoe

Very Well-Known Member
Reaction score
oh my gawd my cat just STOOD on my snake...
he (the snake) was sitting on my lap and the cat jumped on my lap when i wasn't looking and stood right on him! jules didn't even seem to notice and i can move him around and he doesn't seem to be in pain but i don't really know if snakes show pain like dogs and cats do...oh crap
should i panic now?
:shock: :cry:

Hey,
A similar thing happened at TWP a month or so ago, someone stood on a BHP while it was in a bag. It was fine. But snakes apparently can break their ribs very easily, I am not sure but I think that if a python is seriously hurt they become agitated and aggresive and i have even heard of carpet pythons being found biting themselves furiously after surviving being run over.
Cheers

hey
i think that the snake would be fine, but if u are seriously worried about it then i would just leave him/her alone in its enclosure for about a day or two. but i am sure it will be ok.

cheers
charles

I think what Brodie said makes sense. If you look at the skeleton of a snake you can see that the ribs are very thin. I have a skeleton from a RBBS about an inch in diameter. The ribs on that are not much thicker than fish bones but they are quite flexible. Maybe if you gently feel along the body if there is a problem you may feel it or the snake may react.

Hope all is well - cats are fairly light on their feet.

G

hey guys, he seems pretty happy still, he didn't even turn around when the cat stood on him...i'm thinking maybe cos he was on my leg instead of on a really hard surface he should be ok. i ran my fingers down both sides of him at the same time and got no real reaction...i think he's ok
phew... :?

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back