Oh my god! Oh my god!!!

Aussie Pythons & Snakes Forum

Help Support Aussie Pythons & Snakes Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Status
Not open for further replies.

candycaine

Reaction score
JUST CHECKED MY GIRL TODIGHT AND SHE IS ALL COILED UP LIKE THEY DO WHEN THEY ARE ON EGGS SHE WASN'T DUE FOR ANOTHER WEEK AND SO I THOUGHT I HAD TIME TO GET THINGS READY BLOODY HELL!!! LOL SO EXCITING I DON'T HAVE A ROD TO CHECK THOUGH SO TOMORROW I WILL AFTER I'VE DONE CROC MOVERS...SIGH I TRYED GETTING PIC'S BEFORE MY CAM WENT FLAT. SHE HADN'T BEEN OUT OF HIDE FOR A FEW DAYS SO I THOUGHT I'D GET PIC'S SEE HOW SHE'S GOING AND WELL SHE'S COILED UP WHICH MEENS YET ANOTHER YEAR I MISSED HER LAYING THEM...BUGGER.

Sorry about caps.

The caps works to good effect, I got exited just reading it :) Awesome post.

Congrats. What kind of girl is she?

I had a look and she appears to be on quite alot of slubs I am going to allow her to incubate herself but how should I manage seperation by myself. forgot I didn't have a spare enclosure for her wile I get rid of slugs.

probably a stupid question but why do you need to remove the eggs from her??
Congrats and good luck!!

by the way I was prepared with a helper but so much stuff has happened lately and change of plans etc and well ya I am in this dilamma with WHAT THE HELL DO I DO NOW??? lol my heart is pounding and now the excitment of many months hard work has payed off...HOPEFULLY !!! I hope there is only a few nerds and alot of fertile eggs.

Question??? If I leave it over night say about 18 hours till I get to checking the eggs is it going to be very hard to remove the nerd's (slugs) from the firtile?

thats when I'll be able to get someone or get in to do it.

cheers

cuddly I will only be removing the slug's (dead eggs) the others will be placed back in the enclosure and she will go back to doing what she does best.

Do you have a garbage bin you can use? Give it a quick hose out and throw her in it while you remove the slugs. Use the rubbish bin lid as a shield to stop her 'heat sensing' you while you manipulate her with a snake hook, if necessary. Hey, a bite will be healed up before the eggs hatch, you'll have forgotten about it by then eh? :)

Throwing a blanket over her might also do the trick, you can get hold of her through the blanket or even remove slugs with the blanket over her head?

sorry about not replying to breed got so much on my mind. shes a cape york coastal. second clutch.

thanx heaps serpentes the rubish bin is a good idea i'll get one tomorrow.

i'll get a hook tomorrow. i'll post pic's soon but sorry no egg pic's yet.

You might find that it will not be quite as easy to remove the slugs after a few days. The eggs dry together after being laid and get stuck together. As far as I know, the best way to remove slugs is to cut them off with scalpel, but that might be a bit hard with her sitting on the eggs.

removing the slugs maybe alittle hard to do after 18 hours as the eggs will all be stuck together by then. best thing to do is get a needle and syringe and suck the yoke from the slugs. doing that you wont risk damaging any fertile eggs

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back