omg...I want to cry this morning! !

Aussie Pythons & Snakes Forum

Help Support Aussie Pythons & Snakes Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Status
Not open for further replies.

Lexscious

Reaction score
Two weeks ago our Spotted Python escaped when the young didnt click the doors properly. My son was so distraught and we pulled the house apart to no avail.

As Harvey was a gift and the gifters were coming up in a few days, I rushed out and drove 4 hours to get a replacement.

Two nights ago my youngest heard some noises in his room and woke up to find Harvey in his drawer. I wrangled him into a tupperware container for the nite.

I only have one enclosure, but had our lizard box, so did some research amd popped out to get some tiles and another heat pad.

When I put him in his new digs, he started disappearing under the tiles!! There was one tiny gap where the cord came up. Got him sorted and into his hide with a nice solid rock in the troublesome corner.

Checked him at 11pm and he was having a big drink. Checked again at 5am...no snake!!! The rock had moved, so I figured he went under the holes again...turned off the heat pad so he didn't burn himself and went back to bed.

When I was making the kids lunches I noticed the little screwed in disc that cover the cord exit was moved a tiny bit and then I pulled the enclosure apart...no Harvey!

I've checked all the likeable places...under the fridge, appliance transformers...but we move in 2 days and I dont know what to do.

that is pythons for you, give them half a chance to escape and they will... i'm sure he will be somewhere in the house, especially at this time of the year ;-)

Why not put a mouse / rat, what ever use feed him on the floor near where he escaped and have some sort of heating right next to it, food and heating should make him come out of his hidy hole, also monitor the area so if you see him you can grab him. If you have a 7lt click clack or some sort of tub that would be big enough for him and a soldering iron to put holes in the tub, just leave him in that for when you move, its the best way to move with snakes

Don't forget the flour on the floor trick, if they come out you'll see the trail :) goodluck!

Thanks guys...but great news....Snake found!! =]

Our Russian Blue Cat was sitting under a little hall table that has an antique box under it (as he does) and cleaning himself for a good 15mins when he lept up in the air hissing...he was all puffed up looking behind the box....I knew what he'd found...back into the tupperware container with you Hudini!

I went a bought an awesome enclosure today...but it has issues too...it has those plastic computer desk type plugs in the top where the guy had his cords running through. ..so I will plug them up permanently and make sure nothing moves this time.

Both the snakes are the same size....I'm too chicken to put them in together? ?

Best you don't put them together especially is they're both males, you'll find that one aill probably try eat the other, as for the wholes in the enclosure, why not get a bit of wood and patch it over the wholes if they aren't ment for vents?

Best you don't put them together especially is they're both males, you'll find that one aill probably try eat the other, as for the wholes in the enclosure, why not get a bit of wood and patch it over the wholes if they aren't ment for vents?

Yeah, I thought they might get cranky with each other, which is why I bought the new enclosure.

I need one of the holes for the heat pad cord, the others I have filled/covered permanently with wood.

Im going to put a tile and a weight over the other and ive only left it open the barest amount for the cord to fit through.

I had something simillar happen when I got my NT Carpet, tore the place apart and no sign anywhere.
3 months later he turned up in the neighbours yard.

They are hardy and can take a while to turn up but its great when they do.

Good luck.

This shows that pythons really are escape artists! Glad he is back and safely secured in an enclosure :D

Don't forget the flour on the floor trick, if they come out you'll see the trail :) goodluck!

Not on carpet I made that mistake once most vacuums don't have a HEPA filter so if you try vacuum it up it blows straight out the other end lol

fill the gap around the cord with gap filler (sikaflex) to permanently cover it up. That's what I do anyway and haven't had any problems.

Sent from my Galaxy Nexus using Tapatalk 2

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back