On my way to school

Aussie Pythons & Snakes Forum

Help Support Aussie Pythons & Snakes Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Status
Not open for further replies.

Damiieen

Reaction score
Hey guys my brother was walking to school at the corner where he turns about 100metres from my house he found an adult blotched bluetongue just chillin on the footpath so he called me I didn't believe him at the time because we live in a suburban area. He was right so i ran down to where him and the bluey were. We rang our mum and told her the story she said just leave it there and i said no thers a construction site across the road where there building new houses plus we live on a main road with cars speeding up and down all the time. She said go get a shoebox and take him home. So i did that while my brother stayed with the bluey. When i came back to the bluey i scooped him up gently into the shoebox. Right now he is in a big moving box with alot of floor space and in there he has got a water dish and a food dish (container lids) and he is outside soaking up the sun. He was a little bit stressed until i got him home and into the box has settled down well.

When my mum gets home we will be going to the vet and getting him checked out he has a scratched out eye but other than that he looks fine to me.

Am i able to keep him if he turns out ok?
I have a double enclosure coming in a few weeks to put him in and also for my beardie. (2 4x2x2 enclosures in 1 unit)

Thats the first time ive seen something in the wild apart from a water dragon at dreamworld (Qld)

Can't keep him mate and I would have left him where he was, he probably lives in one of your neighbours' yard.

I know and i have a basic licence and im in victoria. I just didn't want him to get hit by a car or a truck form the contstruction site because he was where one them has been parking for about 3 months now.

Nice work on the rescue! No you can't keep him, let him go in your backyard and he should be rtight. Luckily though blue tongues are pretty cheap you can by a setup at relatively low cost.

Yer i have a blue tongue an eastern he is puppy dog tame has never bit any1 or even flared up. The blotched is relativley tame ive patted him woth cardboard but i might leave him alone for now until i actually need to handle him. I will post pics when mum gets home i dont know where her camera is.

Last edited:
I don't know about Victorian legislation, but you may be able to apply for a rescue type permit if the animal is injured and seen a vet, as some states allow this.

I will try i already have and eastern a blotched would be great. He has a scratched eye but other than that he is fine loves the water and has already ate for me in the first 20 minutes.

How do i apply for a rescue permit and is there a specific age?

How do i apply for a rescue permit and is there a specific age?

Mate I don't know how things are done in Vic, but in SA you apply for a rescue permit through the same department that issues wildlife permits. You may not have a rescue permit system in Vic, you'll need to find out. Contact the DSE (if they are the department that issue permits).

No luck with a rescue permit. If any1 knows another way I could keep him I would love to know.

Mate you are already breaking the law by having him right now.................

No luck with a rescue permit. If any1 knows another way I could keep him I would love to know.
how about u let it go , and go and buy one from a breeder or a pet shop ;) is keeping that blue tounge worth risking your wildlife license ?

let him go mate. what youre doin right now is illegal. just release him in your backyard, who knows he might even hang around if your lucky. give him some food and he might take up residency in your garden. that strictly isnt illegal...

I have a double enclosure coming in a few weeks to put him in and also for my beardie. (2 4x2x2 enclosures in 1 unit)

If you have a double enclosure comming I'm sure your parents have already agreed to buying you another animal. Put it in the garden and enjoy seeing him on occasion.

Yer I'm getting a beardie for Christmas and my bluey will be going into the other.

how about u let it go , and go and buy one from a breeder or a pet shop ;) is keeping that blue tounge worth risking your wildlife license ?
No it's not it will be going tomorrow in the backyard. I'm keeping it overnight because it is very tired been sleeping all day and will be all fresh tomorrow.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back