One for the Ray Hoser fans

Aussie Pythons & Snakes Forum

Help Support Aussie Pythons & Snakes Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Status
Not open for further replies.
Nigmax....that was meant as a joke.....thought it would be obvious. If I was really concerned about what people thought I'd have asked if Pete thought it was appropriate, or something like that. Next time I'll remember to use a big flashing multicoloured "it's a joke" sign ;)

Azztech, I've tried on a couple of occasions to sift through the pages of articles on his site before and I haven't managed to find any mention of his veterinary training, and I'm obviously not the only person who can't find it. Since we probably don't all have the time or patience to read everything in order to find that one piece of information, perhaps you could direct us to where to find it???? I'm not jumping down your throat, nor am I accusing you of lying, just pointing out that if you're having trouble getting your point accross it might help to be specific, rather than to simply suggest we keep reading.

Cheers, Kersten.

full agreement here, and the cane toad point was well made and should make half the mob go into hiding. now why couldn't you have posted a couple of days ago, lol. now we could probably leave the eccentric lad alone for a while, or til next time a similar thread starts.

Having not heard about this fellow before. I read through some of his 'articles' Venemoid issue aside, if I were demonstrating australian venomous animals I would want everyone there to not go near them, not handle them, and as a general rule stay well away from them. My feeling is that people shouldn't ever get close enough to a wild venomous animal so they can use a shovel technique. I would want reinforce this fact by using tongs/hooks/whatever equipment necessary. If inexperienced people come along and free handle a captive venemoid Taipan that is very tame there is a good chance (I feel) that some one may think it a good idea to pick up one they find in the wild and cop a bite from something potentially lethal.

I feel he does this procedure to reduce his insurance costs with little regard to the animal. It may feel fine after several weeks from the operation but they were also perfectly fine prior to the operation. Most here I think would feel that in keeping venomous animals you accept the risk that comes with it. His behaviour seems unlikely to change based on what I feel but I think his presenting practices are unsafe if he thinks he needs venemoids.
My thoughts anyways

Azztech said:
someone with absolutely NO training in veterinary proceedures (other than his own numerous fumblings)

thats rubbish. once again, read more, less speculation.

I'm not going to read through his drivel! I've seen his proceedure photographs and they are disgusting! Quit trying to justify what he does azzman! :?

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back