Ontogenesis morelia viridis Yapen Island

Aussie Pythons & Snakes Forum

Help Support Aussie Pythons & Snakes Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Status
Not open for further replies.

bumblebee

Not so new Member
Reaction score
my viridis started about 4 weeks ago with ontogenesis (change colour) he/she was beautiful deep red just 3 weeks ago and I have made a sort of picture diary of the proces. he/she is nog 18 months old so needed to get the adult colouring

so this is the original colour it was 4 weeks ago
yap2-1.jpg

a few days later
Yapy-1.jpg

2 1/2 weeks ago
jaj.jpg

few days after that
yaa.jpg

10 days ago
yapie-1.jpg

7 days ago
Yapie-3.jpg

4 days ago
yapie2-4.jpg

2 days ago
yapie2-4.jpg

yesterday
yap-4.jpg

today
Yapie-5.jpg

and this is the viv he/she is living in, all with real plants :))
yapie1-1.jpg

yapie3-1.jpg

Beautiful little snake! What were the parents like? I would love to get myself a red neonate sometime soon. Love the tank set-up as well, looks very nice :)

tnx all
@rahni29, like biak's the Yapen Island are pretty feisty, very alert and quick to react. The parent's are with a good friend of mine who had bred the Yapen Island one :)
@Leeloofluff, yes he/she is missing an eye from birth. but he feeds well, sheds well and is doing so good that I am glad my friend decided to give it to me instead of putting it down :))

Aw thats great to hear that it doesn't affect him, I wouldn't have imagined it would. And so glad he wasn't put down. He's gorgeous!!!!! You're very lucky :D

Status
Not open for further replies.

Latest posts

Back