Oops

Aussie Pythons & Snakes Forum

Help Support Aussie Pythons & Snakes Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Status
Not open for further replies.

ronhalling

Very Well-Known Member
Reaction score
I feel so so bad today, i took our big Intergrade out on the grass for some sun and fun and she decided to just chillax and take the surroundings in and have her constitutional, so i walked about 20 feet away to get my chair, just as i turned around with my chair a baby Magpie landed next to her to have a look at the big stick, before i had a chance to shoo it away my big girl was on it like a shot, the noise was horrible coming from the Magpie but by the time i got my girl unwound from the Magpie it was dead, I felt like such a hypocrite as i have often harranged the nieghbours about their cats killing and half eating the native birds around our street, once i got it away from her i put it straight in the bin and my girl was looking at me like " what did i do, where's my bird". This is the first time she has ever done anything like this before, be interesting to hear of anything like this happening to anyone else, and did you let your animal keep what it caught, i was too worried about someone seeing it and it giving my girl a bug or something. :( ............................Ron

It's to be expected, I wouldn't put it past some of mine to smash anything that got too close.

Mine is a similar tail of BHP vs a noisy minor and pee wee but my BHP was not too hungry and the bird was protecting its nest. I had my BHP out for some backyard exercise because it was cleaning time and I was only 5 metres away watching and the snake slithered under a tree that had two bird nests and the two birds started swooping my snake. I raced over waving my arms to keep the birds away and snatched up my poor snake. Didn't really think it through that the snake could actually kill and eat both birds but feared for my snake.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back