orange medic concern

Aussie Pythons & Snakes Forum

Help Support Aussie Pythons & Snakes Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Status
Not open for further replies.
RE: Re: RE: orange medic concern

Thats what I sort of suspected would happen Jim. We had 100 percent kill rate when we used the old formula of orange medic.

Ornage Medic is still available. I bought two bottles the other day and the chemist ordered in some more. He looked it up and it was still available.
Young's Pharmacy in Rozelle, Sydney.

Frontline is guaranteed to work on Ticks, you don't need to dilute it(In answer to Angelroses question).

Neil

I've only ever had ticks in one animal....a blue tongue lizard. I simply dabbed metho (undiluted) on the tick and pulled it out with tweezers. The lizard has suffered no ill effects and this was nearly 12 months ago.

Simon Archibald

I bought some stuff from Melb Retile Warehouse. It was quite expensive ($45 for 2lt from memory) but it did the trick.
They actually sold it to me in a 2lt coke bottle so that I couldn't see what brand it was or what it was called. (how dodgy).
Smells like Mylanta, but if you don't shake it and leave it for a week or so, it goes clear. Then you shake it up and it goes all milky. It's safe for them all over (even in their mouths and eyes!!) and all of my guys were PERFECT afterwards. You spray them ONCE, leave them for 10mins, then wash them. Repeat again in a week and that's it. I cleaned their enclosure w/ the stuff and I haven't had a prob since.
Good luck :)

I have used Permoxin before and didnt wash off after. Only need to use once and kills all mites.I have used Orange Medics before too. With Orange Medics you have to do follow up application in 10-14 days time to make sure, and wash off each time, is not always easy with large snake.
Use Permoxin, spray once. Job Done.
Tourett

Re: RE: orange medic concern

beknluke said:
I bought some stuff from Melb Retile Warehouse. It was quite expensive ($45 for 2lt from memory) but it did the trick.
They actually sold it to me in a 2lt coke bottle so that I couldn't see what brand it was or what it was called. (how dodgy).
quote]

You will probably find that it is illegal for them to have sold it to you like that, after all, if you had a child that opened the bottle and drank it, you wouldn't be able to tell the Doc's what the substance was.
As you said, very Dodgy!

Neil

Three other shops i have been to in the Campbelltown area all charge over 24.95 per can of TOD so get it from the Herpshop.
Simone.

OMG Bex, i dont think i could trust something like that on my precious babies.... your lucky you didnt do any damage, i agree, very dodgy, and probably highly illegal aswell.......

Angel

Peterescue
The orange medic with out the tea tree oil is no longer made. This information was told to me by the company chemist who makes it. The companys phone number was on the bottle and I took the liberty of ringing them this morning.
Simon
I wish we only had to deal with the odd tick here and there but unfortunately we find most wild pythons just covered with them.

Well, no where else had a solution for me at the time - so what was I to do?? Let the things breed??
The reason why you have to spray TWICE with some applications is because of the mites breeding cycle. Just becuase you kill the adult mites (on contact) doesn't mean that all of the eggs will be dead. So you spray again a week later to make sure that you don't get the prob all over again.
Sounds to me as though they used 'Permoxin' from what I have since read elsewhere. And lets be straight here. IF something HAD have happened to the 2 lizards that I sprayed, who do you think that I would have been in contact with waving their receipt under their nose?? lol - they were stupid enough to give me a very detailed reciept, and I can make a lot of noise when I want to ;)

We lost three pythons using orange medic in the early days............'reliable' sources failed to tell us not to use it with tea tree oil. We now only use TOD and have never looked back.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back