Aussie Pythons & Snakes Forum

Help Support Aussie Pythons & Snakes Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Status
Not open for further replies.

camt44

Reaction score
hey, i have two 5 month old central bearded dragons, my first reptiles that i am really liking, and was wondering what other reptiles people recommend as good beginner/intermediate reptiles? i am not a fan of snakes, so was thinking of other lizards... i am building another cage of 4 foot x 2 foot x 2 foot, so it would be good if they could stay in this for their entire lives... thanks

Central Bearded Dragons

Hi there

I have just joined up with this site so I am very new to all of this. I'm glad to hear that you are enjoying your central bearded dragons as I have been interested in getting one of them for ages!! Is there anything important I should know before considering getting one or any tips?? I'd also be interested to find out if anyone does recommend any other beginner/intermediate reptiles.

Cheers Linda

what about a shingleback there awsome to keep . i house my one with one of my beardies

wow, i didn't know you could house different lizards together... shinglebacks are pretty awesome, i'll check them out

You could either divide the new 4x2x2 enclosure in half anf keep some smaller dragons ie: A trio of Central Netted dragons on one side and a pair/trio of henrylawsoni bearded dragons on the other.

OR

You could keep some blotched blue tongues. In a 4x2x2 you could keep a trio providing they are not to aggressive towards each other. This is the cheaper option which I'd go with if I was you. ;)

I know lizards can be kept together in large cages such as outdoor pits but I wouldn't recommend keeping them together in a small cage. ie Anything smaller then 4x2x2.

Could try varanus gilleni if you like monitors... never kept them, so you'd have to do some research, but they'd fit in an eclosure that big.

Thanks for your help cam.
Da Griz I have also heard good things about shinglebacks I might keep them in mind too!!

i have actually been doing some research on a few (blueys, pygmys and central netted dragon) and it sounds like the central netted dragon is exactly what i'm after. i am having some trouble finding breeders with them though, so if anyone knows of any available, please tell me!

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back