Ouija boards

Aussie Pythons & Snakes Forum

Help Support Aussie Pythons & Snakes Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Status
Not open for further replies.
Excellent. I'm glad you got that off your chest.

I'm pretty sure you just broke a site rule by making your comment earlier.

Be tolerant of all other users. Remember, we have members of all ages and levels of experience and enthusiasm, of different nationalities, religions and cultures. Rude or racist remarks and hurtfully sarcastic comments will be deleted and you will be penalised

I like ouiji boards, i think the name is a bit difficult to spell but i like them anyway. Who else likes ouiji boards?

Do not post public feuds or arguments in the forums or in visitor messages. If you have a problem with another member, then PM them directly or lodge a ticket with 'Feedback/Complaints' at the Support Centre.

I like ouiji boards, i think the name is a bit difficult to spell but i like them anyway. Who else likes ouiji boards?

Then add them as friends........ THAT'll fix 'em!!!! heh heh.... the embarrassment is enough to put their friends off you, and them!!!!!!

I'm simple i don't mess with crap i don't know the risk of. Specially after one of my friends used a ouiji board and was haunted by a black spirit until the priest came. < THIS ISNT A JOKE .

So basically i dont try things that i don't trust :) sorry i dont believe in that bullst

we havent used a ouija board.....but my partner has and does talk to Arch Angel Michael(he/she) is her guardian and mentor... believe it or not... up 2 ur beliefs....personally i keep an open mind bout it.....cant prove it is... cant prove it isnt

I cant believe there are so many gullible people in the world... QUOTE]

You know, if you get them young enough, you can teach them to believe anything at all, if you don't teach them anything though, their minds will wander and make up stuff to fill the empty spaces.

Just remember guys, that absence of proof isn't proof.

"I believe in purple space-monkeys, you can't prove they doesn't exist, so THERE!" It doesn't work that way.

I'm not having a go at any ghost-believers, just pointing out a logical fallacy that appears to be cropping up in a few places.

Dipcy i'm not arguing with you, i'm pretty opened minded to these kind of things. I'm just bringing a point of order if you will that these things can only be proved in the positive it cannot be proved in the negative. In other words we may one day be able to say that there is definately a god but we will never be able to say that there is definatley not a god.

What would be a hard piece of evidence for you to believe in God?
I don't think there is a God and I stand by this belief, regardless of how little evidence there is to back up my opinion. I have no evidence to prove to me that God does exist so in the mean time I'll choose to believe he is a figment of every religious persons imagination:D
Just like some people may continue to believe in the paranormal without any hard evidence of it being real or not, does it really matter what we choose to believe?
There have been more than enough encounters, sightings and reports for me to believe that we are living alongside paranormal beings, however I don't really care if some people don't share the same thoughts on the topic as I do... Each to their own I think.

If we all had the same beliefs and ideologies then the world would be a very boring place...

FINALLY, I found someone making SOME sort of sense of this stuff.......................... His article appears in the Adelaide Review, and he finishes off his article witht his statement:

“Personally, I look at the paranormal with disbelief but I can’t see why ghosts are any less believable than religion, with its idea of an afterlife.”

The most basic thing about ghost stories, says Factor, is that they go back to a basic human desire to deny the notion of death.
“It’s the old uncertainty about what exists, other than what exists, and this is where religion also comes from,” she says.
“In other words what happens when you are dead? A big question, and a lot of people are not at all keen on the notion that nothing happens.

“So the ghost is another notion of survival, that death doesn’t really mean death, and that even though survival may not be harmonious or benevolent then at least it is survival nonetheless.”

Link: The Adelaide Review : Archives

For those who can't be bothered reading all of it, a valid point is made in the following paragraphs:

“I call myself a sceptical believer,” says Fausch.
“Just because you hear a noise doesn’t mean you leave it at that – you have to go back through all the footage, look at all the scenarios and dismiss almost everything and then ask yourself what it is you have got.

“I don’t consider myself to be any more receptive than anybody else but when you do encounter something it’s like a pie in the face, and if that happens, it happens.

“But I agree that 95 to 97 per cent of the stuff we see is nonsense, but I believe that there is maybe three to four per cent of stuff that you just can’t explain away.”

Using equipment such as infrared night video, tape recorders, temperature meters and meters to measure electro magnetic fields, Fausch and his group have taken around 30,000 photographs and 200 hours of video at both the Adelaide Gaol and St. John’s Kapunda, and he says the result is 20 photographs and 50 seconds worth of unexplained phenomena.

What would be a hard piece of evidence for you to believe in God?
I don't think there is a God and I stand by this belief, regardless of how little evidence there is to back up my opinion. I have no evidence to prove to me that God does exist so in the mean time I'll choose to believe he is a figment of every religious persons imagination:D
Just like some people may continue to believe in the paranormal without any hard evidence of it being real or not, does it really matter what we choose to believe?
There have been more than enough encounters, sightings and reports for me to believe that we are living alongside paranormal beings, however I don't really care if some people don't share the same thoughts on the topic as I do... Each to their own I think.

If we all had the same beliefs and ideologies then the world would be a very boring place...

Lets for a second talk in general terms and not just about me. For most people there would be three conclusive peices of evidence, the first is pretty easy to wrap your head around to see or speak with God. Second would be to see some kind of miracle. And third would be for a prophecy to come true, that is a prophecy that is not self fulfilling and cannot be orchestrated by people.

Consider Newtons theory "every action has an equal and opposite reaction", the Yin & the Yang, Day & Night one cannot exist without the other.. if our existence is in life why should there not be a complete opposite? I dont mean in just death itself but we live and create life would there then not be beings that in death take life/souls etc....its hard concept to grasp as it is something we do not understand... it could be one possibility

You are right life does have an opposite that is cannot exist without. That opposite is death, it doesn't mean that there is anything that happens spiritually in death however.

Lets for a second talk in general terms and not just about me. For most people there would be three conclusive peices of evidence, the first is pretty easy to wrap your head around to see or speak with God. Second would be to see some kind of miracle. And third would be for a prophecy to come true, that is a prophecy that is not self fulfilling and cannot be orchestrated by people.

I suppose. I don't believe in Miracles though but that's just me personally.
But I know that if someone told me they spoke or saw God I wouldn't believe them.
I'd ask if they were on drugs :D However I'm not very open-minded about God. I choose not to believe in him and while I won't disrespect people that do, I cannot stand people trying to push their beliefs on me. Like religious door knockers. How I despise the door knockers.

I guess there are just some things that we will never know the answer to.

The people that disbelieve in anything which can't be touched are the same ones who need to change their underwear when they hear a bump in the night.:D

People's ignorance amazes me at times. I would like to know who actually believes in the "big bang theory"? Scientists have been passing this theory off for years and years without a single iota of evidence, A theory is not factual but merely a person's/people's opinion and should not be used nor recognized as fact. I remember there used to be an Austrian man who had a little mustache and parted hair who had a theory of the Aryan race living in Tibet, now while most people will not believe that ,it is no less a scientific theory/opinion...does that make it any less credible than the big bang theory?
Because if that is true than I guess we can also dismiss such things as Gravity and relativity.

I do believe that there is more to life than what we can taste,feel,smell or see. I also believe in reverse engineering since the new "human creations" failed to fill any needed void in the commercial product market.
And I feel sorry for any person who is too arrogant to at least entertain the idea or possibilities!!

What a load of crap legs! Utter bollocks!

You want evidence for the big bang? Go detune your transistor radio and listen to what comes out of the speakers, white noise caused by the background radiation of the big bang. But you are right theories are just that, theories that people collect evidence to back up and refine. Theories are evidence based and are tested. Of course it doesn't mean they are true but you will never find a true scientist who wont listen to you if you have some evidence that shows their theories are false.

And yes your theory that there are aryans in the Himalayas is less credible than the big bang theory because THERE IS NO EVIDENCE TO SUPPORT IT.

I dare you to throw anyone of your creation arguments at me and see if i can't squash it in seconds.

What a load of crap legs! Utter bollocks!

You want evidence for the big bang? Go detune your transistor radio and listen to what comes out of the speakers, white noise caused by the background radiation of the big bang. But you are right theories are just that, theories that people collect evidence to back up and refine. Theories are evidence based and are tested. Of course it doesn't mean they are true but you will never find a true scientist who wont listen to you if you have some evidence that shows their theories are false.

And yes your theory that there are aryans in the Himalayas is less credible than the big bang theory because THERE IS NO EVIDENCE TO SUPPORT IT.

I dare you to throw anyone of your creation arguments at me and see if i can't squash it in seconds.

Here here!

I think, Waruizaki, that legs was citing a fact that, and I quote in his own words: "there used to be an Austrian man who had a little mustache and parted hair who had a theory of the Aryan race living in Tibet",
So in short, it was this moustached man with a parting in his hair who held that belief, not legs. that man went on to be quite famous, in a notorious sort of way! But then, he (this man) dabbled in the occult too!!!!!!!!

And legs, if this hadron collider underground in the Swiss Alps is succesful, then man will have created the "big bang", only on a much smaller scale. That is why they are doing it, to discover just what happened at that point, and record the scientific data that comes from it, so the big bang theory may very well yet be proved!!!!!

Bev i know what he was saying and i could tell you what his next argument will be if he decides to come back and continue with the direction he turned this thread. He was also alluding to an idea that many creationist hold that the theory of evolution was what turned Hitler into the genocidal maniac that he was.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back