Ouija boards

Aussie Pythons & Snakes Forum

Help Support Aussie Pythons & Snakes Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Status
Not open for further replies.
I consume spirits aswell as believing in them, sometimes i can see them but they are usually gone by morning.

Seriously though i have had one experience that was pretty weird, the sound on a mates cd player suddenly went up to full volume and wouldnt turn down for a few seconds(we were pretty wasted but no halucenogens). Perhaps some sort of electrical fault or stray signal, but due to the lack of evidence i would say its definately ghosts.

I certainly don't believe in the christian God as such, nor Edward Cullen.

I do however believe there is more to the universe than what we can see, and I can't understand how some people can be so close minded. Fear breeds denial.

I like that last comment - fear breeds denial... Interesting you should say that... Because wouldn't it be just as much denial to believe in ghosts as it is to not?

What about this 'universe thing' you talk of... Ok, it's JOLLY big... In fact i'd go as far as saying it's the biggest thing on this side of the universe... But what if... and this is a what if... WHAT IF... What if we were the only beings alive (including all animals on earth)... Is it that hard to believe that we're the only things living?

Does it make our lives less worthy if we're the ONLY living creatures in this universe?

I'm happy to believe that the entities we see under the microscope are the closest to ghosts we'll ever get... the word meta-physical is just for things that people want to believe and they are therefore just as much in denial and breeding with fear as the opposite...

But still - love the comment :)

naledge, it's "hear, hear", not "here, here", as in "listen up!" or "pay attention".

As for the existence of God and ghosts, the fact of the matter is that the nature of both mean that proving them, at least by today's scientific technology, is almost impossible. The difference with God is that his existence is validated by history. I.e. Peter and the early Apostles saw Jesus die and then his resurrection- something must have actually happened because Peter and many others gave their lives for it, and it is a safe assumption to make that one does not give one's life for something s/he knows is false or didn't happen. However, no-one has given their lives for ghosts.

In addition to that, religion (Christianity, Hinduism, Islam, whatever) is, historically, in most cases the foundation of our history, mythology, language, mathematics, science, arts, philosophy, whatever... whether or not they are real is immaterial to the fact that their existence has shaped who we are today, and that enough validates their existence. Ghosts, however, have not had such an impact, except perhaps in movies and in selling board games, which perhaps is just enough for the those who reap the profits. :p

Last edited:
What a load of crap legs! Utter bollocks!

You want evidence for the big bang? Go detune your transistor radio and listen to what comes out of the speakers, white noise caused by the background radiation of the big bang. .
So white noise is not also produced by man-made radio waves? Phone towers, Overhead power lines, mobile phones, TVs, microwaves? Also can you please give me one single shred of evidence that this is due to "big bang"? I bet you can't supply one FACTUAL piece of evidence to support your claims. Radiation is naturally occurring in only a few galaxies so doesn't this fact also dismiss claims of the big bang?

Lets say for arguments sake that you are correct about the left over radiation from the big bang causing white noise. Doesn't that mean that EVP must be true since it isn't created by man-made products?
You can't have it both ways!!!

And yes your theory that there are aryans in the Himalayas is less credible than the big bang theory because THERE IS NO EVIDENCE TO SUPPORT IT.

Wrong again. The same science that makes you believe in the big bang theory also supports claims of Aryan origins in Tibet,China and India.
The reason why people dismissed Hitler's claims was because he had "Aryan artifacts" planted before the expedition began to insure they found "evidence" to support his claims.

I dare you to throw anyone of your creation arguments at me and see if i can't squash it in seconds.

I won't bother debating with a person who has very little knowledge on the subject,nor is there any benefit of doing so with a person who would have a biased view/opinion no matter what ideas or evidence there is that dismiss his findings.

So white noise is not also produced by man-made radio waves? Like a great many things in this world there is more than one source of white noise. Saying that because there are other sources disproves it being caused by residual radiation from the big bang is like saying switching a torch on proves that light doesn't come form the sun. Phone towers, Overhead power lines, mobile phones, TVs, microwaves? Also can you please give me one single shred of evidence that this is due to "big bang"? I bet you can't supply one FACTUAL piece of evidence to support your claims. Radiation is naturally occurring in only a few galaxies Did you really just say that? Radiation occurrs in EVERY galaxy. so doesn't this fact also dismiss claims of the big bang? I'm going to assume you agree that the CMB (cosmic background radiation) is real, if you don't then your head is so far buried in the sand that i doubt any new information could weasel its way in. Here is just one shred of factual evidence, the CMB is spread evenly across the universe. So there you go, ONE peice of factual evidence that supports my and just about every other scientists claims

Lets say for arguments sake that you are correct about the left over radiation from the big bang causing white noise. Doesn't that mean that EVP must be true since it isn't created by man-made products? I don't beleive in EVP, i see no evidence supporting it but like i siad earlier there is more than one source of white noise.
You can't have it both ways!!!

Wrong again. The same science that makes you believe in the big bang theory also supports claims of Aryan origins in Tibet,China and India. What science supports aryans in china? Show me the science. I can and have shown you some of the science supporting the big bang theory, so show me the science that supports aryans are in china.
The reason why people dismissed Hitler's claims was because he had "Aryan artifacts" planted before the expedition began to insure they found "evidence" to support his claims.

I won't bother debating with a person who has very little knowledge on the subject,nor is there any benefit of doing so with a person who would have a biased view/opinion no matter what ideas or evidence there is that dismiss his findings.

Ignorance does not disprove evidence.

A detuned radio DOES NOT pick up back ground radiation from the big bang - ask Dr Karl - he'll tell you that.

And even if it was back ground radiation from the big bang it most certainly doesn't give me enough evidence to suggest that the big bang ever occured....

Anyway, we all know that the world was created in 7 days by a couple of drunk hippies at a smorgasborg function. And anyone who disputes that is as ridiculous as those who suggest god created the earth in a similar amount of days.

But back to those board things - there's no evidence, metaphysical or otherwise to suggest they have the slightest bit of reality in them other than what is driven by movies, romanian gypsys and idiocracy,

Slimey to pick up background radiation transistor radios are severly lacking in the arm department, of course they can't pick it up.

I like that last comment - fear breeds denial... Interesting you should say that... Because wouldn't it be just as much denial to believe in ghosts as it is to not?

I suppose it would, but nonetheless the comment remains true either way. :)

slimby said:
What about this 'universe thing' you talk of... Ok, it's JOLLY big... In fact i'd go as far as saying it's the biggest thing on this side of the universe... But what if... and this is a what if... WHAT IF... What if we were the only beings alive (including all animals on earth)... Is it that hard to believe that we're the only things living? Does it make our lives less worthy if we're the ONLY living creatures in this universe?

It IS very hard to believe we are the only intelligent life out there, but again it is possible that we are. I don't think worth has anything to do with it though.

I like this thread,
Some cool videos have been posted. :)

If you apply evolutionary principles to science, you get evolutionary results. If you apply creationist principles to science, you get science that lines up with the bible. That is fact, it's which side of the fence you sit on which determines which side you believe. You cant have both, hence the evolution/creation or Aethiest/God argument.

Back to OP, my uncle, his cousin, and a friend did a seance once. The friend commited suicide, the cousin was diagnosed with MS, my uncle stopped talking to my dad, and has had a history of mental illness since. All were diagnosed with their respective conditions (dead or sick) within 6 months of seance. My wife has told me of seances her friends did, where one girl was dragged up a wall and choked, one was thrown against a wall and was sent to hospital. Not pretty scenes. Another time, all windows had glass blown out, and lights were out, but only in that room.

There is too much unexplainable stuff that goes on to dismiss it completely IMO. Those who simply dismiss such events as rubbish, should at least be open minded enough to seek out evidence. At least then after searching, for evidence, or even hearing just stories from personal experiences, can make up their minds as to what they wish to believe.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back