Our trip to Cairns

Aussie Pythons & Snakes Forum

Help Support Aussie Pythons & Snakes Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Status
Not open for further replies.

Trouble

Very Well-Known Member
Reaction score
hey guys,

My family & I have recently arrived home from our two week caravanning trip to Cairns. It was definitely a nice escape from the Ipswich cold :lol:
I have never seen the north past Hervey Bay before. Cairns switched on their perfect tropical weather - it rained 6 out of the 7 days we were up there :rolleyes: but we didn't care, we were still in shorts & singlets most of the time!
We went up on the Kuranda SkyRail. Went to a few of the beaches, stopped in at Rockhampton & Townsville on the way up, and on the way back Bowen & 1770.
I could definitely move to Bowen, or Cairns. They were gorgeous! I'm envious to whoever is lucky enough to live there.

Anyways, I took some photos while I was up there. The in-car photos weren't the best, but I'll add the landscape etc. to this thread.
The whole trip is in my Facebook album if anyone wants to take a look -
> Facebook <
> Facebook <

Enjoy :)
Tameah.

The road ahead, and behind by TroublePython, on Flickr

The view from the SkyRail. by TroublePython, on Flickr

Baron Falls by TroublePython, on Flickr

Peek-a-boo by TroublePython, on Flickr

Goliath smile by TroublePython, on Flickr

Papua Tawny frog mouths by TroublePython, on Flickr

Scrub Python by TroublePython, on Flickr

Sunrise at Bowen by TroublePython, on Flickr

Caravan plants by TroublePython, on Flickr

low tide - Bowen by TroublePython, on Flickr

clear blue water by TroublePython, on Flickr

Rocky shores by TroublePython, on Flickr

the thoughts of life. by TroublePython, on Flickr

little islands off of Bowen by TroublePython, on Flickr

Frangapani at Bowen by TroublePython, on Flickr

Beach at 1770 by TroublePython, on Flickr

Love that crocodile shot :) It's a beautiful part of the world

thanks guys :)

Rahni - same here :D I was really happy he was sitting where he was that day, a couple of days before he was sitting in the water, and I couldn't get a decent shot. I wanted to enter that pic into the calendar comp, but the internet was too slow up there, and I ran outta time by the time I came home. ahh well, next year.

thank you DM & newtolovingsnakes

Been to Cairns and the Daintree twice now, love the scenery and warmth esp this time of yr in ACT Brrr

Great pics ;)

wow, ACT would be freezing! It was a shock to the system when we arrived home yesterday & it was minus 2*C last night :shock:

19831_309743922300_607052300_4085493_4854911_n.jpg
Trouble well done thay are outstanding pics. I was in Cairns in march and baron falls was pumping. was the same time last year when on family holiday.

Last edited:
Thanks, Sutto :)
Yeah, Baron Falls is awesome. I definitely want to make the trip in the wet season, they would be awesome then! they were slightly roaring last week, I could just imagine what they'd be like during the wet season :D

thanks for your comments everyone :) x

Great pics. Cairns area is so beautiful. Went there for the first time a few weeks ago. The weather was terrific. Love the Daintree and Cape Trib. So hard coming back to the freezing weather in Canberra. Did u get a chance to check out Mossman Gorge ?

Lovely photos. glad you had a great time...
I lived in Bowen on and off.... I will say it is a very pretty place but cost of
living is high and if you live as a resident and not a tourist it is a very
difficult place to fit in eg, veryyyy clicky and class orientated(imo)
Tourists are usually welcomed though.....Ohhhh and you cannot drink
the tap water it is tea coloured more often than not(whites always grey LOL)
C

Lovely photos. glad you had a great time...
I lived in Bowen on and off.... I will say it is a very pretty place but cost of
living is high and if you live as a resident and not a tourist it is a very
difficult place to fit in eg, veryyyy clicky and class orientated(imo)
Tourists are usually welcomed though.....Ohhhh and you cannot drink
the tap water it is tea coloured more often than not(whites always grey LOL)
C

Thanks Crystal :)
Yeah, I sort of got that feeling when we were there, and I saw the pricing in IGA for just normal groceries :shock: just upped the prices a bit.
I'm glad I'm not the only one who thought the tap water was a bit off-colour! haha. Dad said there was no difference, but mum & I could see & taste it.
But the sea water is absolutely gorgeous!! So clear blue :D It looked very inviting that day lol.

jase - no we didn't get the chance to see Mossman Gorge, I'll definitely put that on the list for next year :)

Thanks for the comments Jordan & Sandie :)

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back