out door cage mates suggestions

Aussie Pythons & Snakes Forum

Help Support Aussie Pythons & Snakes Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Status
Not open for further replies.

nagini-baby

Very Well-Known Member
Reaction score
hi all!

as some of you know i have 2 young water dragons and we are currently in the process of building a out door avairy style enclosure for them once they out grow their 6ft tank... which wont be for quite awhile as they are 10 and 5 months old at present.. this brings me to my question. i am obviously wanting to use the enclosure in the interum and was wondering what other species will co habitate with eastern water dragons once the are the right size to go outside as i do not want to have to sort out more enclosures when they can share easily... soo any ideas?

i never thought of turtles... i was thinking more lizards.. but its an option

blue tounges, monitors, bearded dragons, frillys as long as there not dominate males any should be fine :)

I have a pit out the back with two blue tounges, a bearded dragon and a shingleback all living fine together.
They all sleep in the same hollow log too when there is plenty to choose from. (i think they huddle together to keep a bit warmer overnight).

I am going to get some water dragon hatchies and grow them up to put in the pit as well.

A reptile shop local to me has a big indoor enclosure with four water dragons and three mertens monitors in there too.

You could put all seven of your beardies out there too if the pit is big enough. With enough of the pit getting sun all day long there will be no dominance for 'basking sites' or anything like that.

lol my beardies would kill each other.. the males are quite bossy and the girls are all different sizes..but im likeing the idea of mertens...

You might be quite surprised what happens when you put them outside.
I had two male blueys that would bite each other and fight for the basking site when kept inside together, but outside they sleep huddled up together and follow each other around when foraging.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back