Out of the mouths of babes :)

Aussie Pythons & Snakes Forum

Help Support Aussie Pythons & Snakes Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Status
Not open for further replies.
I wouldnt say she is slow at all.......in fact perhaps TraceyLee's daughter is just starting earlier! My babies were fantastic........until they turned 3! I also have many friends who's little angels were far from angelic from 3yrs old on! I now dont believe the whole terrible 2 thing, 'trying 2s' maybe, terrifying 3s......DEFINATELY! Ferocious 4s & Fearsome 5s come next! Thankfully they are then at school! ;)

Funny you should say that; she's actually not 2 until late next month :)
I just say she's 2 as a) she's close enough, and b) she's definitely hit the terrible 2's!

My son never went through any of those stages - he's been the easiest child from day one.

Funny you should say that; she's actually not 2 until late next month :)
I just say she's 2 as a) she's close enough, and b) she's definitely hit the terrible 2's!

My son never went through any of those stages - he's been the easiest child from day one.

Ive found the opposite with mine! My daughter has been an absolute pleasure......for the most part of the last 9yrs.......my son on the other hand.......OMG i swear they switched babies on me at the hospital, he hit 3 & easily could have gone into the running to take over for the devil!

Talking to other mums & dads though, it seems very common for the 2nd child to push buttons more then the first.....which for me, is definatley the case!

I love them both to pieces though......& as they are both in school now, things are alot easier........for me......not so sure about the teachers! :lol: No, in all fairness, Zay is settling down alot now, he has more good moments then bad, it just took 6yrs!

Last edited:
Talking to other mums & dads though, it seems very common for the 2nd child to push buttons more then the first.....which for me, is definatley the case!

Bubble-bursting time lol: My second is difficult, yes, but only because he's incredibly stubborn. He wants what he wants and once he wants it there's no stopping him. My first on the other hand (my daughter)... Little Miss Nuance. She's a button-pusher supreme and I swear she gives me flashbacks to my older sister at times lmao; she always has to put just one toe over the line and run away giggling. Bless her to bits, I'll have no worries about her taking crap, she doesn't even take direction from her parents very well, we have to take a leaf out of our son's book and plant foot-don't budge no matter what she says or does. She's been doing this since she was about 18 months old, my son hit 'stubborn' at about the same time, so I'm enjoying my gentle, happy little third while it lasts. He's 8 months at the moment, so it's ticking down...

Bahahaha, bel, nighthawk and traceylee!!

Most of its my own fault, cos we waited for so long and lost so many before her we have spoilt her rotten. But yes she is very stubborn, headstrong and fiery!!! ( i have no idea where she gets these traits from ;) lol ) and i suppose she is just trying to figure out who she is....

Tahlia- we were having lunch by the water the other day and there was a hundred seagulls around, Matilda pipes up with F off c's.... Thank god we werent with anyone else....

Shes just started throwing tantrums and the like and doesnt like it when shes ignored, which is my response to tantrums. And now that daddy's on holidays the behaviour seems to have increased 10 fold.

She was always the happiest kid until now and the change was overnight, literally. I mean this is the same baby that I asked my mother how I could wake her up, cos she slept so much!!! she slept through the night from 4 weeks, was never a crier, was a little angel, and no someone has stolen that kid and put this devil child in my care instead!!!

Not bubble bursting at all nighthawk, ALL kids are different! Ive just found alot of people going through the same as me.......which is the second pushing buttons in ways the first never did! My son is the same as yours though when it comes to 'his way or no way'........so he goes without a fair bit! I will not give in no matter how many times he opens & re slams his bedroom door......although i have told him daddy will be taking his door away very very soon! :lol: Countdown is on......back at school in 12 more sleeps!

Sarah, i understand where u are coming from, with the situation i was in with my ex, & my son being so little, i also made alot of mistakes with him.....ie; i gave in alot, i didnt make him wait for much etc. just to keep some peace in our household......& he of course picked up on that! Matilda will settle down again for you, as you said, she is just figuring out who she is, even if that be 'head of the household' :lol: My advice for u.......chocolate! It works for me on those bad days.....well its either the chocolate or the fact that i lock myself in my room to eat it in peace that works......but either way, it works! ;)

My advice for u.......chocolate! It works for me on those bad days.....well its either the chocolate or the fact that i lock myself in my room to eat it in peace that works......but either way, it works! ;)

Yup: Lockable bathroom for me + bubble bath, chocolate, glass of wine and headphones to block out the pounding on the door with yells of "MUM! MUU-UUUM! Daddy! Mum's not letting us in!! What's she doing? MUM!!" ;)

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back