Outdoor enclosures in Darwin

Aussie Pythons & Snakes Forum

Help Support Aussie Pythons & Snakes Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Status
Not open for further replies.

Salmissro

Reaction score
Hi everyone! I've recently moved to Darwin NT and was just wondering if anyone can give me advice on keeping my pythons up here. I have 2 diamonds which are being kept inside but I'm looking at building some outdoor enclosures for my Darwin carpet, coastal and tully jungle. I've been looking at the metal/mesh aviaries on ebay but am concerned that they might be too hot? In which case would a wood/mesh aviary be better? Also I plan on having them under shade but during the build up will they get too hot? ie should I bring them inside?? If any members on here from NT can give me some advice on how they keep their reptiles it would be much appreciated :D

Mine all live out on the balcony, plenty of fresh air but no direct sunlight (well maybe 20 minutes in the morning.) As for the build up....everything is hot! My guys just slouch around in their water bowls.

Welcome to Darwin!

Yeah Phatty that's me lol. I did see your enclosures but forgot to ask about the build up if you moved them. So they should be fine all year round as long as there is no direct sunlight? awesome :) makes it easier for me!
I would just hate for the metal ones to heat up and burn the python was all.

Hahah thanks SteveNT! Weather is certainly different to Canberra.

one of mine gets morning sun and the other get afternoon sun i have timber ledges and hide in the one that gets afternoon sun the other doesnt get that hot if you want come around a have a better look

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back