Aussie Pythons & Snakes Forum

Help Support Aussie Pythons & Snakes Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Status
Not open for further replies.
Yeah, as imalizard said. I just gave mine heating coz i'm a sook! I hated being wrapped up in my electric blanket at night thinking of my poor babies near frozen downstairs! I'm not intending on breeding so i didn't need to cool them and we'd just moved and they were really stressed and wouldn't eat, so i kept them warm so they ate all winter and didn't turn to skin and bone! I'm a sook!

Another thing, be aware that some lizards rub their noses on sides of cages and if it's wire you'll have a problem (this depends on your lizards' personalities and species) That's why i only use flat material.

ok, i was planning on having a set-up similar to DA_GRIZ's, so that shouldn't be a problem. DA_GRIZ, if you see this, do you use any heating? what about anyone else wit this setup? heat used? any more pics would be appreciated!

thanks, Jamie

ok, i was planning on having a set-up similar to DA_GRIZ's, so that shouldn't be a problem. DA_GRIZ, if you see this, do you use any heating? what about anyone else wit this setup? heat used? any more pics would be appreciated!

thanks, Jamie

i don't use any heating on mine what so ever i get all the species in my aviary within 30mins away from me so they are pretty much native to my area

might as well re-awaken this thread...different people on now.

so, show us you outdoor enclosures everyone! i want to see everything you've got lol.
are ewd's and shinglebacks ok without heat during winter? can any of them tunnel at all?

thanks, Jamie

Antaresia Boy, I'm pretty sure shinglebacks would need heating in Melbourne if they are being kept outdoors. I know that humidity can be an issue for them - I think the eastern coastal states are too humid. But I'm sure someone with more knowledge than me can give you more advice on this!

Also, I think you need to make sure that here is access to UV for the whole day. I think (from my memory of reading Care of Australian Reptiles in Captivity) that EWDs need access to about 8 hours of sunlight a day, so the enclosure needs to have at least part sun all day (with access to shade, of course) so you may need to take this into account when designing your enclosure.

Colletts, I love your setup. I've always wanted to have an outdoor setup but it has always seemed too expensive and complicated - you have shown that it is really do-able!

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back